X

Sprocket size recommendation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sprocket size recommendation

I'm due to change my sprockets and chain. I'm going with an rk vortex set. I believe 15/47 is stock. How do I get more top speed in my lower gears? Do I need a higher rear or smaller? Could someone recommend ? I am tired of having to shift so damn much in the city.

Originally posted by Nasdaq View Post
    I'm due to change my sprockets and chain. I'm going with an rk vortex set. I believe 15/47 is stock. How do I get more top speed in my lower gears? Do I need a higher rear or smaller? Could someone recommend ? I am tired of having to shift so damn much in the city.
    if you make the gearing "taller", you will lose acceleration but will be able to acheive a higher sppeed with lower RPMs. In order to do that, you would either ADD teeth to the front sprocket, or decrease teeth from the rear sprocket, or a combionation of both.

but with stock gearing, why are you feeling like you have to shift too much? what RPM do you normally shift? if it's not above 7k, youre not even getting to the fun zone yet
    previous rides
    06 kat 600, 04 Triumph ST Streetfighter, 07 Vstar 1100, 03 GSXR 750, 03 Hayabusa, 07 SV 1000 , 02 Bandit 1200s, Current ride - 07 Roadliner 1900,
    next ride - another kat

Comment

Just by doing this ...

For all those people who find it more convenient to bother you with their question rather than to Google it for themselves.

you get great stuff like this ...

Motorcycle speed and sprocket calculator with bike database for gearing, sprockets, tires and chains of over 1900 bikes. Request yours to be added as well.

motorcycleanchor.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, motorcycleanchor.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

I got 14 - 47 on my 02 750 insane out of the whole still reach 140 mph rides at 6500rpm at 75 mph d&d full system 120 main jet on 1&4 126 on 2&3 #4 on needle.. beats 1000cc 1st 2nd 3rd gear (02 750 motor 89 600 frame....) 1 less in the front is the same as 3 more in the back and the front are cheeper
        Last edited by b_rye600; 05-18-2013, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X