X

Spray Paint!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gimmefuel View Post
    Thanks for all the suggestions guys. Who makes the 2K clear?? I also noticed that Color Rite offers rattle cans as well. They run about $33.00 per can. That really makes Krylon look good! lol

Spraymax.
    You can get it online or any automotive paint finishing store.
    Not auto parts store.

All you want to know is right here ~

Comment

Dupli-color all the way.....

be sure to stay with 1 brand, use their adhesion promoter, base and clear.
      After clear with a good 2 part clear either from a rattle carn or spray gun if you want to protect it from fuel.

2 very important tips
      buy a resperator, you dont want this crap in you lungs
      drop you can into hot water (not boiling) for 5 minutes before you spray.
      98 GSX750F
      95 Honda VT600 vlx
      08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Originally posted by hardlydangerous View Post
        Dupli-color all the way.....

be sure to stay with 1 brand, use their adhesion promoter, base and clear.
        After clear with a good 2 part clear either from a rattle carn or spray gun if you want to protect it from fuel.

2 very important tips
        buy a resperator, you dont want this crap in you lungs
        drop you can into hot water (not boiling) for 5 minutes before you spray.
        +1. Good advice.
        Solve two of the worlds problems: Feed the homeless to the hungry.

Comment

seeing as we are on the subject of painting i have a question!... i understand that paint doesnt cure well below 50 and below freezing it freezes but why is there an upper limit on temperature? humidity makes sense because it is water and the chemicals need to evaporate but heat? why not above 90? cures too fast?

Comment

Originally posted by Ciphony View Post
            seeing as we are on the subject of painting i have a question!... i understand that paint doesnt cure well below 50 and below freezing it freezes but why is there an upper limit on temperature? humidity makes sense because it is water and the chemicals need to evaporate but heat? why not above 90? cures too fast?
            The slower the cure time, the more the paint has time to "flow" and "lay down" giving you an over all better surface and shine. If it cures to quickly, then the paint will build up in spots giving you a very rough surface or "orange peel" look. For the best finish, it's always better to avoid the orange peel as much as possible. Your bound to get some, but you don't want it to be to rediculous.

With minimal orange peel, you can then do a high grit sand on the clear coat to get rid of it, with minimal removal of the paint... then buff to a super gloss finish (many times this is the difference between that show finish, and the avg finish).

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
              The slower the cure time, the more the paint has time to "flow" and "lay down" giving you an over all better surface and shine. If it cures to quickly, then the paint will build up in spots giving you a very rough surface or "orange peel" look. For the best finish, it's always better to avoid the orange peel as much as possible. Your bound to get some, but you don't want it to be to rediculous.

With minimal orange peel, you can then do a high grit sand on the clear coat to get rid of it, with minimal removal of the paint... then buff to a super gloss finish (many times this is the difference between that show finish, and the avg finish).

Krey
              ok makes sense... i am not sure if i should start a new thread or not but i was thinking of painting the grabbar mettalic silver like the belly pan is. yes? no?

Comment

Working...
              X