X

Taking the bike out after paint

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking the bike out after paint

Got started months back couldnt decide between black and white. Wish I went with white now just to hide the defects and dust. I used BASF paints and a production (5135 diamont) clear over it. Didnt seal just scuff and shoot. I did this all in my wheel repair trailer at work in my free time, so likewise the resulsts arent 'perfect'. Also couldnt get the front fender off the bolts are stripped im going to just paint it on the bike later. The clear really didnt take well to being put out in the cold garage within hours of it being dry to the touch it really died back a little especially on the tank... Regardless it was a quick fast and free paint job I did and its fine for me I dont plan on keeping the bike to much longer... if i had I would have not erm...half assed it... anywhere here it is warming up getting ready for a ride.

My first bike: 2001 Suzuki GSX-F

When I first saw it, I thought to myself, "Oh cool! He matched the seat in the middle of the bike to the fender on the front of the bike to pull the color scheme together."

Looks good to me, man!
    Nuff said.

Comment

yea the seat and the fender need to be finished haha

took it out today with a few friends... So many ppl look twice when bikes go by in febuary haha.

Comment

Looks great man! BTW......Is that the original set up for your rear brake? mine is on top--pre 96 600........
        Last edited by Kat96; 02-21-2010, 07:51 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Those wheels look good, are they yellow or a yellow/green?

Comment

good question on the rear brake set up. I dont know It was like that when I bought it but it could very well be different since the brake line itself isnt stock.

The wheels are a yellow/green. They look more green in person.

Comment

I like the paint, but don't think I could get used to those wheels. If it were me, I'd prolly just shaker can them black, too.
              "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

Originally posted by VifferJim View Post
                I like the paint, but don't think I could get used to those wheels. If it were me, I'd prolly just shaker can them black, too.
                sigpic
                -Cory-
                1997 Katana 600

-see my garage for mods-

'pegs are down for you anytime CP'

Comment

I love those wheels haha. They are actually powder coated so I cant justify painting them haha. They are much more green than the picture almost lime green.

Comment

stock post rear brake is on the bottom, thats normal.

See My Garage for mods...
                    T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
                    Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

Working...
                    X