X

Rattle Can paint job

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rattle Can paint job

So eventually I am going to post a write up on the process, but for now hear goes. BTW, there were taking all with my cell phone so, some of the images may not be the best. This is a very small amount of the pics I took of the process. Old is red and new is blue.

Before:

After

FROM WORK:
    "let's just say you are my favorite.I like a response back on the same day from work issues, not like a work husband who kind of heard a request and mentions it weeks later. just damn"

looks good ....gives me hope for me doing my own paintjob

Comment

Looks good!
      Former Marine 3/97-3/01
      MOS 0161 Semper FI!
      sigpic

Comment

Props to you for that! Looks good!
        Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
        Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

I appreciate the love. I really gained another level of understanding for bodywork guys and gals. The only panels that I did not have to repair were the rear panels on both sides. Both main fairings were cracked, scrapped and torn. Belly piece was cracked and scrapped hard. The windscreen I painted because there was two cracks/tears in the screen. One big one that went from one side to 3/4 across the screen and a smaller one by one of the mounting holes. I thought the black on the screen would clash, but it's ok. BTW, even when I tuck, I don't get that low enough to look out of the screen, still wayyyyy above it. Wheels are better left powder coated. I scrapped the front wheel so badly trying to remove the caliper. And the back wheel I spilled brake fluid flushing the line on the rear wheel.
          FROM WORK:
          "let's just say you are my favorite.I like a response back on the same day from work issues, not like a work husband who kind of heard a request and mentions it weeks later. just damn"

Comment

That looks friggin AWESOME!!!
            Sex Panther cologne -- 60% of the time, it works every time

Comment

slick, dude
              the kat may be the gixxer's retarded cousin, but she's a hefty broad... and i do loves me some girth between my thighs.
              # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING
              [02 gsx750f][03 cbr600rr]

Comment

Very nice job, congrats
                The supreme happiness of life is the conviction of being loved for yourself, or, more correctly, being loved in spite of yourself.
                http://myspace.com/solsticio
                www.facebook.com/solsticios

Comment

Thanks.
                  FROM WORK:

Comment

Hey, that whats mine looked like before I painted it! I think that original paint scheme was another reason why people make fun of Kat's so much. Im digging the two tone.
                    Originally posted by arsenic
                    93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

You know it's kinda ironic that a lot of Kat owners did not like that paint scheme, however when that scheme came out in 93 or 94 I was in love with the bike every since that point. So the fact that I actually found one in it's original scheme was truly a blessing. Unfortunately, it was rashed up and the majority of the panels were being held on by zip ties. Thanks for the nice words. I had several color choices, however I wanted to match my gear so I went with the Silver/Blue/White. I have some more graphic schemes I may try, but for now, I just want to enjoy riding the bike.
                      FROM WORK:

Comment

Whoa, that is quite a transformation.

Nice job, the bike looks totally awesome.
                        2002 GSXF 750

Comment

Love the paint job! Nice work
                          Bill
                          1989 Katana 600 Blue on Black
                          sigpic

Comment

Nice job,

My Yellow bike is a rattle can job too... Though without much skill the first time around... I could re-do it...(meaning, Should re-do it...)

I definitely want to change the color of my frame and swing arm to update it a little more...

BTW, I was thinking about mentioning the difficulties of only painting the rims... they wouldn't hold up well to a simple tire change... But you seem to have that figured out...

Again Sweet Job

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

Thank you all.
                              All Black
                              Your bike was definitely an inspiration. That is just sweet work you did. I need to take some better pics.

As far as the rims. I had been forwarned but, but I was all bent on proving the nay sayers wrong...lol. Funny thing is that I am about to get the front tire replaced so, we'll see. What's the average for Powercoating run. Trying to keep it low cost. I think to date I have spent a little over $1300 on the bike.

Bike-$1000
                              Cables(thr,ch,clutch)-$42
                              Paint and accs-$80
                              Carb clean-$100
                              Pads rear-$34
                              Misc.(Grips,mirrors,dash,replacement fairing)-$80
                              Last edited by redciv1; 09-23-2009, 01:24 PM.
                              FROM WORK:

Comment

Working...
                              X