No announcement yet.
X

Start button not working

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine doesn't act normal, it starts no matter what, then stalls if I release the clutch with the stand down. Gonna take a look at the relay/wiring. Something isn't quite right, though it works, just backwards.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Still havent figured out the issue. Going to order a new clutch safety switch and see of that resolves the issue. But with 2feet of snow im not much in a hurry.
      J'ai Aime, J'ai Souffert, Maintenant, Je Hais...

which is translated from french 2 english reads:

I have loved. I have suffered. Right now, I hate.

Comment

Sounds like the clutch switch - had the same thing occur on my 05. Remove the wiring plug from the switch, and jumper across the plug. Bike should now start in neutral with no issue - sidestand up or down. It will not allow the bike to start in gear with the sidestand down - but will with the sidestand up. Make note of that.
        2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
        2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Get yourself a decent digital multimeter that beeps when you have continuity (closed circuit). You can easily test any switch's function using it & you'll save money by not buying stuff you don't need to replace.

I like this one - via RadioShack - it's small, does just about everything you need for most things & it's cheap. Avoid the HorribleFreight ones...especially the free one...which isn't digital anyway.

Comment

Working...
          X