X

PRE-750 Rear Seat Cowl?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRE-750 Rear Seat Cowl?

is it just me or do you not understand this either? like how would you remove the seat if you cant pry up the rear tabs. how is it secured to the seat? what's going on here?

UMM Not to be a dick but you put your key into seat release, turn key(to release seat), remove seat, remove said velcro straps, remove cowl and bamm seconds back to a 2up seat again
    Last edited by dano68; 08-27-2015, 03:50 PM.
    2002 750 Kat
    2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
    2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
    2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
    1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
    2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

+1 really simple and changeable, unlike the pre 600 seat cowl.
      Last edited by 92xjunker; 08-28-2015, 12:33 AM.
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by dano68 View Post
        UMM Not to be a dick but you put your key into seat release, turn key(to release seat), remove seat, remove said velcro straps, remove cowl and bamm seconds back to a 2up seat again
        there's 2 tabs on the back that the seat has to be pryed off before releasing the seat. if you can't pry up on this cowl how do you remove it?

Comment

The entire seat comes off. Remove the seat undue the Velcro then remove the cowl. No prying at All.
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran

Comment

i don't think you're thinking of how the pre-750 seat is removed. here was kreylyn's write up on it

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
            pre 750s takes a couple extra steps...

Lift on the tail of the seat to un hook the seat there. Turn the key and then pull the release under neath the tail. Sometimes you may have to push down on the center of the seat to pull the release.

Krey
            the tail end needs to be pryed off the tabs. once you attach the cowl and push it back down on the tabs, how would you pry it back off later? the seat itself is malleable enough but that cowl won't be

Comment

Your missing it, that is a normal seat removal process on the pre. The key here is the entire seat comes off. The cowl just slips over the seat and velcroed in place.
              spammer police
              USAF veteran

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
                Your missing it, that is a normal seat removal process on the pre. The key here is the entire seat comes off. The cowl just slips over the seat and velcroed in place.
                +1^^^^^
                2002 750 Kat
                2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800

Comment

so you think i wouldn't have a problem popping the rear tabs while this cowl is attached to remove the seat?

Comment

Nope
                    spammer police
                    USAF veteran

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
                      Nope
                      ^^^^not at all
                      2002 750 Kat
                      2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800

Comment

Originally posted by Max Vador View Post
                        the tail end needs to be pryed off the tabs. once you attach the cowl and push it back down on the tabs, how would you pry it back off later? the seat itself is malleable enough but that cowl won't be
                        I pull the line under the tail first, grabbing the rear edge of the seat helps a little to make sure it pops out. Then hit the key, and the seat comes right off. I don't think you should have to really pry with much force to remove the seat.

1997 GSX750F

Comment

i've always removed the rear tabs first so when you pull the cable the pressure pulls the seat off without having to pull on it

Comment

Not quite year appropriate

Kinda cool, but shipped from the UK?
                            Not easy to make these. I made one for a 81 GS550.
                            Because I'm locked into looking and performing like the 1992 GSXR1100, a year appropriate cowl would have to be more squarish:

Comment

Working...
                            X