X

240 Rear kit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 240 Rear kit

Whats up my fellow Katridas! I'm thinking about converting my 96 Kat rear tire to a 240 wide with the extended swing arm. I am finding it very difficult to locate a place that sells the parts to do so on a 1996 GSX750 Katana.

Can this be done guys and where would I look to acquire the parts/240 rim to do the job?

Thanks in advance

Because they don't make stuff like that for a gutless katana.. your going to have to have it done or do it your self. Search here is good on that subject, " wider tire on a Kat", it will give you all the info you need.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Thanks man, I plan on doing it myself, I just need to know where to buy

Comment

Where to buy what? Swing arm will have to be made or modify yours, wheel, most use GSXR wheel, don't forget to get all of the wheel, axle, spacers and hub and complete caliper, bracket and a new rear brake line that is longer and you'll have to respring the rear shock or get another, stock will not handle the extension well. You'll still have some modding to do, to make it fit correctly. Hit up EBay.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran

Comment

Originally posted by Kdogone View Post
          Whats up my fellow Katridas! I'm thinking about converting my 96 Kat rear tire to a 240 wide with the extended swing arm. I am finding it very difficult to locate a place that sells the parts to do so on a 1996 GSX750 Katana.

Can this be done guys and where would I look to acquire the parts/240 rim to do the job?

Thanks in advance
          WHY?
          never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Why not Kattoy, when I get my jixxer, im turning my kat into a show bike. So that's the reason I want a 240. 92xjunker that's what I wanted to really know; what wheels to use. I know imma need a custom swingarm

Comment

. No body show bikes a katana, you'll get laughed at for wasting money on a ---- disliked "sport bike". It's your bike do as you wish. BTW we laugh at extended swing arms and huge tire on a katana and most own one..
              Last edited by 92xjunker; 08-30-2015, 12:10 PM.
              spammer police
              USAF veteran

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
                :big thumb. No body show bikes a katana, you'll get laughed at for wasting money on a ---- disliked "sport bike". It's your bike do as you wish. BTW we laugh at extended swing arms and huge tire on a katana and most own one..
                +1^^^^
                2002 750 Kat
                2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
                2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
                2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
                1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
                2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

Hey we all love are bikes in one way or another but my kat will never be a show bike
                  because nobody gives a crap about an old katana. And even less so about how wide my rear tire is.. Save your money so you can buy that gixer you want!

Comment

Originally posted by Kdogone View Post
                    jixxer
                    Really bro???

Comment

Yup, I let that slide. I was thinking, you want something you don't even know the knick name of? . It's not bro, it's dog (passé)
                      Last edited by 92xjunker; 08-30-2015, 12:16 PM.
                      spammer police
                      USAF veteran

Comment

Guys the only reason is casuse of the team logo on the bike. I can care less what one thinks of me and what I ride. The rear mod is just an idea, if it cost more than I paid for the bike and what I currently have in it now, I will wait till I get my jixxer. BTW, 240 was only mentioned cause I don't want to go too wide, smaller if possible, and not too long either. Furthermore, barber motorsports has one of the finest collections of katanas in the country I hear. Like Aaron Rodgers says: R.E.L.A.X. Guys

Comment

Hey, we're just screwing with you, it's your bike do what you want to it, it's nobodies business but, yours. . A 180 fits much easier. Oh, by the way, just so you don't look ignorant, it's GIXXER not jixxer. Pre 88 katanas are a different bike than the 88-06 katanas. Pre 88 katanas ARE TRUE SPORT BIKES. 88-06 katanas are sport Turing bikes.
                          Last edited by 92xjunker; 08-30-2015, 09:44 PM.
                          spammer police
                          USAF veteran

Comment

i know, just kicking the tires that's all. money will definitely be the overall deciding factor of whatever Id decide to do in all honesty. This is the reason why I get on here, for suggestions, comments, and advice from fellow Kat riders cause I'm naive when it comes to Kats. first things forst though, my exhaust is way too quiet, if i don't do anything else, she will have loud pipes, even if I have to remove the baffles.

Comment

Working...
                            X