Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

93 forks: fork replacement or full swap?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 forks: fork replacement or full swap?

Hello, Newbie here. I have a 1993 gsx 750 f and the forks are bent; completely unusable. the upper and lower triple trees are good. as well as the handlebarsand controls. Ideally I wanted to replace just the forks and keep the controls and brakes but im not finding any forks that fit into the triple tree.

currently I have bolted on a full front end for a 2007 hyo gt650r but I had to grind down the steering stops. This is only a work around and will not be driven this way. just needed it to be a roller around the shop.

I also found a 94 fzr triple tree and forks (reverse forks). I wanted to know if anyone has ever ran a different pair of forks or front on their build (this is going to be a streetfighter build)

I guess if all else fails, what pair of forks should I look for to just bolt right on to my current 93 triple trees?

Thanks in advance.
    93 Kat 750
    02 RAM 1500
    04 BMW X3
    ..and a Pair of Hyo GT's

-Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Thanks for the reply, they both look to be both 41.. I will take a quick measure and try them out.
      93 Kat 750
      02 RAM 1500
      04 BMW X3
      ..and a Pair of Hyo GT's

Comment

Picked up the frame and front for the fzr 600 but the shocks did not work.. Measured with the caliper and it measured just under 40 mm.. So they were completely unusable... Lesson learned.. I did find a pair of 89 forks but they are non adjustable but every thing bolted directly on to my previous triple tree.. Costed about 180 for this venture.. Will keep this post updated as I am still looking for a complete swap for a newer front end something along the lines of 92gsxf750 build.
        93 Kat 750
        02 RAM 1500
        04 BMW X3
        ..and a Pair of Hyo GT's

Comment

Working...
        X