No announcement yet.
X

Homemade gear indicator

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here you go, I found this one that is made to hook up to a Katana.

Comment

Yeah Spedee and a few have those..
      I sick by the question...

Why?

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
        I agree what difference does it make??
        I don't care what gear I'm in because it I don't have the power I need I go down.. I know enough to judge based on the revs how many.. I sure as hell know when to go up. What is the real need for knowing what gear you are in? I think if that information is important to you something is wrong..

However if you are interested in a mod.. Go for it.
        +1
        It doesn't really matter what gear I am in, if I need more power, I drop a gear. And if the revs are too high, I go go up. But if I try to shift into that oh so elusive 7th gear, oh well, I don't race it and that's the only time I could see trying to shift and not being able to. In other words the exact gear I'm in is not important to me as long as I'm in the right rev range.

Comment

If you have a digital speedometer one of these or similar will work: http://www.motosport.com/datatool-di...gear-indicator

You need to pick up the speed and rpm in order for it to work. Avoid the $20 ones that have magnetic pickups on the shifter

Comment

Originally posted by paradoxmd View Post
            Even if I do I still try to find 7th gear from time to time.
            I still do this almost every time I'm accelerating to hwy speed. But I have mastered how to make it sound like there is a 7th gear....lol

Comment

Working...
            X