X

Homemade gear indicator

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homemade gear indicator

would this work on our bikes? Do they have gear position sensors?

No..
    I think you can get something like this to work but you need to add a switch at the shift lever.

Comment

"Works on bikes with a gear position sensor" I don't think that includes the katana. I know that letsride has a heads up display, but I don't know if it shows him gears or not... my mellon is too big to fit inside his helmet.
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

There should be "how to" in one of the forums. I think u need to buy a display and a neutral switch or u can use the one on the bike.
        www.photobucket.com/albums/y152/rotary13b/

Comment

Originally posted by steves
          "Works on bikes with a gear position sensor" I don't think that includes the katana. I know that letsride has a heads up display, but I don't know if it shows him gears or not... my mellon is too big to fit inside his helmet.
          I just saw "This gear indicator should work on all Suzuki motorcycles with a gear position sensor. I believe most Suzuki models 1996 and up have one."

So I wasn't sure. Probably just talking about the gixxer

Comment

Even if we did have gear position sensors.....That thing would look like a SHAMEFUL REDNECK piece of CRAP mounted on our bikes. Might as well use a couple of strands of bailing wire to attach it with

It's obvious that who ever is marketing this P.O.S., doesn't know a whole lot about Suzuki motorcycles.
            It's not speed that kills, it's the deceleration!

Experience is a hard teacher. She gives you the test first, and then teaches the lesson.

TXSBR.com Alais: TexasSportBiker

Comment

There is a thread somewhere on here about building your own digital gear indicator. The gear indicator (neutral switch) is there, but you have to add the contacts yourself.
              2000 Katana 600
              2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

Originally posted by tnvatdreamland
                Even if we did have gear position sensors.....That thing would look like a SHAMEFUL REDNECK piece of CRAP mounted on our bikes. Might as well use a couple of strands of bailing wire to attach it with

It's obvious that who ever is marketing this P.O.S., doesn't know a whole lot about Suzuki motorcycles.
                It looks fine in the pictures.

Comment

Yeah TV... Were you being sarcastic?
                  You can adapt this design through an off the shelf chip that will display a 1 through 6.

Also it looks attached to a GSX-r..

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
                    Yeah TV... Were you being sarcastic?
                    Yes....Was being sarcastic. Just don't think that this unit is very astatically pleasing, but apparently functional.
                    I would want something that complements my bike.
                    It's not speed that kills, it's the deceleration!

Experience is a hard teacher. She gives you the test first, and then teaches the lesson.

TXSBR.com Alais: TexasSportBiker

Comment

What ever happened to just paying attention to what gear your in? j/k

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Originally posted by gytrdunkat
                        Even if I do I still try to find 7th gear from time to time.

Long Live the D

Comment

I'm fine - I can count to 7....oh wait - i mean...yeah 6
                          97 Katana 600
                          [email protected] (or IM)

Comment

Originally posted by gytrdunkat
                            I tried that once - I really made an effort to purposely keep track of which gear I was in, but I could only remember it for a minute or so 'cause of everything else I'm watching for while riding...

"...I'm in 4th. Um, or 5th...... damnit"
                            "Pleasant experiences make life enjoyable, painful experiences lead to growth" - cheap Chinese fortune cookie

Comment

I agree what difference does it make??
                              I don't care what gear I'm in because it I don't have the power I need I go down.. I know enough to judge based on the revs how many.. I sure as hell know when to go up. What is the real need for knowing what gear you are in? I think if that information is important to you something is wrong..

However if you are interested in a mod.. Go for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X