X

Clutch adjustment

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch adjustment

I think this is an issue of clutch adjustment.. unless i don't know how to ride a motorcycle (which is just as likely)..

So I got my bike running and adjusted... so please help me at great risk to my ego.. i think that you're supposed to start the bike in neutral and hold the clutch in, shift down to first. Now this worked and i rode the bike up and down the block. Then i repeated the process. But this time, when I shifted down with the clutch in, the bike died. Seems to me that the clutch needs adjusting? Is that a likely symptom?

Could be .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Or your kickstand was down. It's a safety feature.

If the kickstand was up, check the switch to make sure the kickstand is actually pushing in the switch.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
      who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

Originally posted by Court93kat

If the kickstand was up, check the switch to make sure the kickstand is actually pushing in the switch.
        +1
        And if it is hitting the switch make sure it works. If you have been under the shifter cover you may have broken a wire..

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
          Originally posted by Court93kat

+1
          And if it is hitting the switch make sure it works. If you have been under the shifter cover you may have broken a wire..
          +2 I think you guys were right. I was a little anxious to get it up and down the strip with my girl watching... so i probably forgot that. Boy I'm lame. Forgot about that safety feature. Live and learn. Thanks!

Comment

I did the same thing my first time 8)

Comment

Working...
            X