X

2001 Katana 600 on semi-local craigslist $600

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 Katana 600 on semi-local craigslist $600

Hello all, I found a 2001 Katana 600 on a semi-local craigslist for get this... $600. https://stlouis.craigslist.org/mcy/6134523711.html

I looked at the ad but don't have the extra funds atm. Turns out it's battery died 5 years ago and it's been sitting outside since then. Along with a salvage title, few scratches on the fairing, a bent handlebar and brake lever, and just obvious neglect from being left outside in the weather.

What kind of person leaves a bike outside unprotected for years? I thought probably wrecked, the insurance co. totaled it due to fairing scratches and gave it a salvage title, or the guy bought it that way thinking he'd fix it up or ?

Sounds like it could be a good deal, after doing the obvious repairs and needed maintenance. Your thoughts?

Tony
    Last edited by TonyKZ1; 05-23-2017, 10:37 AM.
    1997 Yamaha Seca II - mostly stock, Racetech upgraded forks, FZ6R rear shock, Oxford Sports Style Heated Grips, Barkbusters Blizzard Cold Weather Handguards, a Scottoiler vSystem chain oiler. My Mileage Tracker Page

Wow, 70 views and no other replies/posts. Ah well, I guess. I should have posted a question about which oil should I use

After closer viewing of the photos, it appears the forks are bent so yeah it's probably been wrecked pretty hard.
    Last edited by TonyKZ1; 06-07-2017, 09:58 AM.
    1997 Yamaha Seca II - mostly stock, Racetech upgraded forks, FZ6R rear shock, Oxford Sports Style Heated Grips, Barkbusters Blizzard Cold Weather Handguards, a Scottoiler vSystem chain oiler. My Mileage Tracker Page

Comment

Originally posted by TonyKZ1 View Post
      Wow, 70 views and no other replies/posts. Ah well, I guess. I should have posted a question about which oil should I use

After closer viewing of the photos, it appears the forks are bent so yeah it's probably been wrecked pretty hard.
      I wouldn't really call it a good deal.

It's worth about the sum of it's parts, and they priced it accordingly. With a lot of work and invested $, you could make it worth... less than what you wold invest in it.

Sad, but true... If you wanted parts, it's a consideration.
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
      X