No announcement yet.
X

Turbo Katana build (The rebirth)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i hate to do this but can you tell me how you did the kawisaki tail? is it a straight bolt up? would it work for a pre?

Comment

Originally posted by rockonayz View Post
      i hate to do this but can you tell me how you did the kawisaki tail? is it a straight bolt up? would it work for a pre?
      Same here, looks pretty close to bolt up....can we get a few more details on the Kawi tail....thanks
      Romans 1:16
      Romans 5:8
      Psalms 109:8

Comment

this is hardcore !
        2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Originally posted by ITS_NOT_A_KNIFE View Post
          so this week made some progress, made the oil dump tube (.625" o.d./.560" i.d hot rolled tubing) Forming it sucked with a propane torch, but the end result was pretty good with minimal flat spots and no kinks. i think if i were to of packed the tube with sand i would have gotten a perfect mandrel, but im happy with it. its more than enough dia.

i had the flange cut at work on the laser

yesterday and today i painstakenly made the charge pipe. when you have two ports at different angles, different heights, and different diameters, and about a 4'' window of room shthings become a headache, but i managed to make it work even making a port on the pipe for the blow off valve...its super tight, everything has to slide in a certain way, and couplers need to go on in a certain sequense....not looking forward having to take it off again.....and again.

and a couple fitment teasers

im gonna hammer out on the swingarm this weekend, i made a awsome looking rear brake arm, but not gonna post it until the swingarm is done. wanna beable to take the swingarm to work on monday and shot blast it and have it powder coated in two weeks.......stay tuned

I dont know if you knew this but I bought a kawi zx14 in the beginning of october. you and i are gonna have to race in the spring~!!!
          Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
          Current Bikes:
          1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
          2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

Being that what he is building is a pre I would assume it would work for a pre.
            wrecked em hell, damn near killed em.

Comment

Originally posted by jbgarretson View Post
              Being that what he is building is a pre I would assume it would work for a pre.

Im pretty sure his question was geared more towards 'is it plug-and-play', which I would assume was a no, but KNIFE may get on and respond later.

Comment

ha! i totally helped with this!
                "even one weak point is a weak point, DON'T MAKE ANY!" ~me

2006 turboed kat
                2004 marauder 800

Comment

ya sorry i was unclear but i was asking if it was a direct bolt up. doesnt look like it would take much to make it fit

Comment

Cool project - Very nice work.
                    Richard
                    96 Suzuki GSX750F
                    89 Suzuki GSX600F Project
                    05 Yamaha WR450F
                    05 Yamaha YZ450F

sigpic

Comment

this thread isnt about tail swaps, no tail swap is a bolt on, the easiest one ive swapped before on a pre was putting the tail from a 98-02 SV650/1000 on it

Comment

This bike is going to be BEAST

Comment

awsome build
                          Burn it

Comment

``
                            Damn you Nicole, We will not speak of the 2012 Rally

Comment

Comment

above and beyond props if turns out good

Comment

Working...
                                X