X

Katana 600 Seat appears to be leaking

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katana 600 Seat appears to be leaking

Hey guys, me again, slowly learning things about how to take care of my Katana...!

I have a 93 Katana 600 and I noticed it was leaking something (Can't tell oil, or fuel, or water?) down the left side of the bike whenever I sat down to ride. I'm in the midst of taking off the fairings to repaint them, and I noticed, there's liquid collecting near the battery (scary!) and leaking down the side. On a hunch, I took off my seat, put a bunch of paper towels under it, and sat down on the seat on the ground. Took the seat off to find the towels soaked. The liquid appears to be coming from the seat. I'm still unable to figure out what kind of liquid it is, but is this anything you guys have seen/heard of before?

If you were to remove the vinyl cover from the seat, the foam would strongly resemble a yellowish sponge....so it's probably just water.

Do you leave the bike out in the rain?

Comment

oh dear, I feel stupid now. Thanks!!

Comment

Live and learn. You'd be able to tell if it were fuel by the smell and very fast evaporation rate. Oil would smell a bit and not evaluate at all.
        1998 Katana 750
        1992 Katana 1100
        2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Working...
        X