X

hayabusa

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by steves View Post
    Er, it is just a fat katana with a huge motor.

There's more in common between the kat and the busa than there is between the busa and the gsxr.
    Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
    DING DING!
    Really?

GSXR
    Water Cooled Engine
    Fuel Injected
    RAM Air Induction
    Mapable ECU/Power Commander, etc.
    Inverted Forks
    Aluminum Frame
    Short Wheelbase
    Fast/Quick
    Wheelie Monster (speaks to power/weight ratio)

Katana
    Oil/Air Cooled
    Carbureted
    Normally Asperated
    No Real ECU
    Standard Forks
    Steel Frame
    Longer Wheelbase
    Moderate speed
    Wheelies difficult at best (speaks to power/weight ratio)

Hayabusa
    Water Cooled Engine
    Fuel Injected
    RAM Air Induction
    Inverted Forks
    Aluminum Frame
    Longer Wheelbase
    Fast/Quick (held record for 12 years)

Just sayin'...

I agree insurance cost is higher for the busa.

I also agree that you should stick around on KR if you do get a busa. There is still plenty to learn here.

If you want to visit a forum to learn more about the busa, go to www.hayabusa.org. I'm a member there as well (under a different name). It is the most active Hayabusa forum that I've seen and plenty of info there as well.
    Last edited by KatanaGSX92; 05-16-2012, 10:10 PM.
    sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
    1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
    2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
    First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
    Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Sorry man, the Hayabusa really is a Katana with with more technology.

Long wheelbase, heavier than a RR etc...

I like the Busa, just remember its still a sport touring bike, its not a gsxr.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

i'm guessing the similarities that people are trying to prove aren't really based on specs and engine but more on weight and size and the aesthetic. visually you can see how the gsxrs are nimble lightweight sportbikes and the kats/busas are big girls. can't deny the similarities there

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
          Sorry man, the Hayabusa really is a Katana with with more technology.

Long wheelbase, heavier than a RR etc...

I like the Busa, just remember its still a sport touring bike, its not a gsxr.
          Originally posted by garbagekid View Post
          i'm guessing the similarities that people are trying to prove aren't really based on specs and engine but more on weight and size and the aesthetic. visually you can see how the gsxrs are nimble lightweight sportbikes and the kats/busas are big girls. can't deny the similarities there
          Holy smokes! There are some people here that understand.

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaGSX92 View Post
            Really?

GSXR
            Water Cooled Engine
            Fuel Injected
            RAM Air Induction
            Inverted Forks
            Short Wheelbase
            Fast/Quick
            Wheelie Monster (speaks to power/weight ratio)[/COLOR]

Katana
            Oil/Air Cooled
            Carbureted
            Normally Asperated
            No Real ECU
            Standard Forks
            Longer Wheelbase
            Moderate speed
            Wheelies difficult at best (speaks to power/weight ratio)

Hayabusa
            Water Cooled Engine
            Fuel Injected
            RAM Air Induction
            Inverted Forks
            Longer Wheelbase
            Fast/Quick (held record for 12 years)

Just sayin'...

I agree insurance cost is higher for the busa.

I also agree that you should stick around on KR if you do get a busa. There is still plenty to learn here.

If you want to visit a forum to learn more about the busa, go to www.hayabusa.org. I'm a member there as well (under a different name). It is the most active Hayabusa forum that I've seen and plenty of info there as well.
            You can away any argument any way you'd like.

That doesn't change the fact that the Hayabusa is evolutionarily the successor to the Katana and the GSXR isnt.
            -Steve

sigpic
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
            Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

And coming from someone that has ridden more Hayabusa's and GSXR's than I can count. A Hayabusa is just a big freakin' Katana dood.

Comment

Originally posted by garbagekid View Post
                I'm not denying those smilarities and I even stated that the GSXR is better in the twisties. Mentioned the longer wheelbase as well. Weight isn't so much of an issue as the power of the engine easily overcomes it.

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but to me, engine specs and performace are the primary reason you choose a bike, aesthetics are secondary. But to each their own.

Owning both a Katana and a Busa (and I really like my Katana), they are worlds apart...even though they are both considered sport touring bikes.
                2000 Suzuki Hayabusa

Comment

Originally posted by ncj_23 View Post
                  My wife gave me the go ahead to get a busa after I get back from my deployment (6 months). Only catch is i have to sell the kat however I don't think ill be able to get ride of kr. I'm excited I figured I'd tell the world.
                  Sweet! I went from a .....to a Kat 750 to a GSXR 750 to a Busa...then through a crusier / touring stage (that was dumb for me), and I'm back at a Kat 750 again...

I personally am torn between a new Busa and a V-Strom 1000 (two totally different directions) after dismissing a Harley Ultra after a test drive. I think I'll ride another season on my Kat and off it will go. (Daughter getting married next month kinda decided that lol) probably the V because I NEED to go down the many Oregon logging roads...they are calling me and I don't need 186 anymore. (that bucket check is done)

If ya like a Busa buy one!!! Great bike, they havent been around for this long because they suck
                  My YouTube Videos
                  My motorcyle map!

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                    And coming from someone that has ridden more Hayabusa's and GSXR's than I can count. A Hayabusa is just a big freakin' Katana dood.
                    HA! Coming from someone who owns both the Katana and rides the Busa a lot, I couldn't disagree with you more, dude!

I'm not saying that the Busa is a GSXR, but performance wise, (other than the twisties) the busa is farther removed from the Katana than the GSXR.

But hey, that's what opinions are all about.
                    Last edited by KatanaGSX92; 05-16-2012, 01:48 PM.
                    2000 Suzuki Hayabusa

Comment

So, your 'Busa is fast in a straight line? So is a Chevy Chevelle.

Comment

Ever heard the saying about opinions? They're like *******s....everyone has one and thinks their own doesn't stink.

Comment

wow, wish i had the five minutes of my life i spent reading this one back....

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                          You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Should have stopped reading after two min..... LOL

Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
                            Ever heard the saying about opinions? They're like *******s....everyone has one and thinks their own doesn't stink.
                            Is that your opinion? LOL Just Kidding.

It probabaly went a little too long...so apologies for my part in that.
                            Last edited by KatanaGSX92; 05-16-2012, 03:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                            2000 Suzuki Hayabusa

Comment

The Busa I rode was nothing like a Kat actually. It was very similar to my ZZR1200, but ergonomically, the ZZR1200 was perfect. The Busa was a little cramped for this 6'2" hippie, and leaned a bit too far forward. I've owned both a 600 and a 750 Kat. A Busa is a way different cat. Don't read this, Teddy.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Originally posted by zuma View Post
                                The Busa I rode was nothing like a Kat actually. It was very similar to my ZZR1200, but ergonomically, the ZZR1200 was perfect. The Busa was a little cramped for this 6'2" hippie, and leaned a bit too far forward. I've owned both a 600 and a 750 Kat. A Busa is a way different cat. Don't read this, Teddy.
                                kinda have to dan, it's my 'job' as a mod to make sure threads that start out as this one has don't get too out of control and people don't get butt-hurt...

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                                You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Working...
                                X