X

katana choke cable

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• katana choke cable

ive been looking around the forums and using the search function and couldnt really figure out what was wrong, but the problem am having now is whenever i start up my bike i have to put the choke to about half so the bike warms up and what not, and after a few mins of it work i pull the choke lever up to normal ( where it shuts off ) and the thing thats messing up is that my bike still thinks that the choke is halfway down so the rpms stay up reving, and once i start messing with the choke cables it slowly starts droping to normal rpm. soo my guess is that i need to change the choke cables. am i correct on this or am i wrong. thanks

does the choke feel like its hard to move, i ended up replacing my cable for the same reason
    never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to there level and beat you with experience.

Originally posted by GSXFJim
    Just remember.. Stupid hurts...
    confused katana build

Comment

i mean its not to hard to move and its not to easy, its just that when i pull it back to original place the bike acts like its still warming up

Comment

it should move pretty freely if i was u i would pull the cable and se if it moves freely if not spend 16 bucks and get a new one
        never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to there level and beat you with experience.

confused katana build

Comment

il double check tomrow when i wake up and see, and il let ya know,

Comment

If you look at the carbs and see that the choke is returing fully on all four carbs you need to clean and adjust your carbs.

Comment

i pull the choke lever up to normal ( where it shuts off )
              Your pushing the choke lever all the way forward when the bike is warm right? If the bike is warm and you open it all the way up (Pulled back) the bike will die.

Originally posted by Akathepriest View Post
              If you look at the carbs and see that the choke is returing fully on all four carbs you need to clean and adjust your carbs.
              ^^Agreed. My choke plungers on the carbs wanted to stick just a hair when I first got the bike. It caused similar symptoms (hanging). I lubed the cable w/ cable lube and plungers with WD'40 and never had another issue.

Comment

yea i looked into it today, and am pretty sure my choke cable and my choke lever are acting up, i found a choke cable on a website but cant find a lever anywhere, does any1 know any sites that sell this in a set?

Comment

Originally posted by ludiboris View Post
                  yea i looked into it today, and am pretty sure my choke cable and my choke lever are acting up, i found a choke cable on a website but cant find a lever anywhere, does any1 know any sites that sell this in a set?
                  I don't see the choke lever causing any issue unless it's damaged, and in that case you should be able to visually tell. However, there are tons on Ebay for around $7 and up.

Comment

i would start with the cable they tend to get rusted and jam if not oiled on older machines

confused katana build

Comment

lube that baby and it will be fine .
                      im an american proud and free , a son of the south dont tread on me.

Comment

okay i havnt been on here in a while, busy with work and such, havent had time ride the bike either, so i didnt get to lube the cable yet, thought it would be fixed by it self if i let it stand for a while. but nope same problem turn the choke start my car, rpm roses to 4-5k and than i pull the choke lever shut off wich would make the bike turn off but the rpm's are still up at 4-5k, so i have to touch the cable and twist and turn it to get the rpms to drop to regular. soo would lubing the cable up fix this, or should i buy a new set of cables? thanks

Comment

buy a new cable and be done it cost me $16 3 weeks ago, btw spraying your cables with white lithium grease before storing and at the beginning of the season can prevent that

confused katana build

Comment

okay, thanks mate!

Comment

np

confused katana build

Comment

Working...
                              X