X

gear shifting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gear shifting

soo ive been tryin to figure out what the best rpm to shift my bike at and honestly i have no clue -_-, so for the owners of 99 gsxf 600 katans, what rpm do you usualy shift gears at?

Originally posted by ludiboris View Post
    soo ive been tryin to figure out what the best rpm to shift my bike at and honestly i have no clue -_-, so for the owners of 99 gsxf 600 katans, what rpm do you usualy shift gears at?
    Doesn't matter. Cruising, anywhere from 6-8K. Getting on it, at the red part of my tach.

Comment

[ame="http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=when+to+shift&sitesearch=katriders.com&domains =katriders.com"]when to shift site:katriders.com - Google Search[/ame]
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Lol .... I remember when I asked that question..
        "Oh I will tag you back !!"

Comment

ONLY ONLY ONLY shift @ 8314 Revolutions Per Minute.

If you shift @ ANY other +/- 1 RPM, you risk CATASTROPHIC transmission failure.

Edit- I just shift when I want.
          Last edited by MikeyZ; 05-01-2012, 01:01 PM.

Comment

I'm not sure about a 600...... but my 750 seemed to like the 4-7k range for normal riding.........closer to the 10k if I was getting on it. To tell you the truth, I rarely look at my tach and prefer to listen to the sound of the engine.

Originally posted by MikeyZ View Post
            ONLY ONLY ONLY shift @ 8314 Revolutions Per Minute.

If you shift @ ANY other +/- 1 RPM, you risk CATASTROPHIC transmission failure.
            You're one sick puppy!
            Last edited by Slofuze; 05-01-2012, 12:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
            sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
            ------------------------------------------
            89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
            96 YZF 1000R

Comment

You shift at what you feel confortable at... simple as that.
              "Life is what happens when you make plans..."

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119546

Comment

Somewhere between 2500rpm and 9500rpm
                And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard. Restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off. Up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth. Wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever.

- James Dickey, Cherrylog Road.

Comment

I ride at 50 mph in 6th gear tach is somewhere around 3-4k i believe.

Comment

yea i rode my bike more today and am switching around 4-5k feels pretty good there

Comment

If you really need to haul ***, shift above 7-8K. Mine really pulls from about 7500 RPM and up.

Comment

on my 05 750 i usually shift around 5 grand. that seems pretty comforatable for me . if im winding her out --- like 9k. after all . she's a screamer.
                        im an american proud and free , a son of the south dont tread on me.

Comment

My shifting rpm is directly related as to whether there are LEOs around or hot chicks.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Originally posted by GytRDunKat View Post
                            My shifting rpm is directly related as to whether there are LEOs around or hot chicks.
                            What about a hot LEO?

Comment

from 2nd gear on i shift at 5k . just feeeeeels gooooood
                              im an american proud and free , a son of the south dont tread on me.

Comment

Working...
                              X