X

Finally

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally

I finally had a Saturday where it hasn't snowed. I took my first real ride out of the city today, since I bought the bike a month ago. The back roads are still a little gravelly, but I found this sweet old barn and a pull-off area fit for photographing. Too bad my stinking camera battery died before I could get more pics during the ride.

It's all good! It's goody good!

Nice!
    Former Marine 3/97-3/01
    MOS 0161 Semper FI!
    sigpic

Comment

Welldone for getting out. Looks cold there. Hoping to go out for a few hours tomorrow.
      Your damned if you do, and your damned if you don't (Bart Simpson)

Comment

It was actually warmer today than it has been. We almost hit 60 degrees

Comment

Thats an awesome pic. What kind of camera are you using

Comment

never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Originally posted by diesel View Post
              Thats an awesome pic. What kind of camera are you using
              My trusty old Nikon D50.

Comment

hey, ever ride US 12 from Kooskia into Montana? i love living in the mountains for a lot of reasons, but the gravel and sand on the roads in the spring ain't one of them

Comment

Originally posted by rtabish View Post
                  hey, ever ride US 12 from Kooskia into Montana? i love living in the mountains for a lot of reasons, but the gravel and sand on the roads in the spring ain't one of them
                  I've never been to Kooskia, but I'll bet US 12 offers some beautiful scenery. I'm down here in the Snake River Plain (desert!). Many years ago I traveled with a friend up to Lewiston, and once we got past McCall, it was absolutely gorgeous, with the two-lane blacktop, twisty roads, and all the trees. If I can find time during the summer between classes, I may head up to Kalispell to meet with a friend of mine. He says that's a wild ride up there.

Comment

the ride around Flathead lake is great, if you watch for truck traffic [ha ha], and if you go at the right time, you almost have to take the loop up over 'Going To The Sun' in Glacier Park. then there is the Yaak River Run up along the Canadian Border past Lake Kookanusa.....yea, there are a few rides up here.

Comment

Glacier would be awesome. I really need to get up there, as I also have family in Choteau and Augusta. Finding the time is the real problem.

Comment

the Rocky Mountain Front on the eastern side is awesome too. i have never done it on a bike, but the times we went along there by car it was always cool...windy as hell, but cool to look at. of course, the Choteau area is now a bastion of celebrities and what-not....:bunny2

Comment

thanks for sharing

Comment

Working...
                          X