• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that was fords best idea... they circle and highlighted the problem

Comment

Originally posted by rjfereza View Post
      that was fords best idea... they circle and highlighted the problem
      Really? That's your addition to this thread? Oh...I see you have 12 posts.

So what are you trying to sell?

God that gets old...

to the OP..

Dude that's a GREAT SCORE!!!! Do you do your own paint? If so, you could probably have a complete , finished bike for less than $2K....and that's great considering the good parts, the engine, swingarm, wheels etc are basically NEW.

I've been looking for a post 750, VFR, F4i, etc at insurance auctions etc..no luck yet.

I may just have to take my bike apart again next Winter LOL
      Last edited by ctandc; 04-07-2010, 10:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by ctandc View Post
        Really? That's your addition to this thread? Oh...I see you have 12 posts.

So what are you trying to sell?

God that gets old...

to the OP..

Dude that's a GREAT SCORE!!!! Do you do your own paint? If so, you could probably have a complete , finished bike for less than $2K....and that's great considering the good parts, the engine, swingarm, wheels etc are basically NEW.

I've been looking for a post 750, VFR, F4i, etc at insurance auctions etc..no luck yet.

I may just have to take my bike apart again next Winter LOL
        Thanks a lot. I can do paint, but I'll just have my buddy that did my car do the bike also. Shouldn't bee that much from him. I've spent $500 on everything I've gotten for the bike as it stands, not including the bike. Thanks again for the encouragement and supportive words

here's the progress for today. Sorry for the clutter, I haven't quite gotten to "Spring Cleaning" yet lol. It was also raining out. Swing arm, motor, rear fender and seat all back together on the new frame. This was all done in about 3hrs as I had to be to work.

Found out my Steering stem was bent so ordered another off eBay. May have the bike drivable by next week. Would be this week if i had all my parts.

Last edited by 05GSXKat750; 04-08-2010, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Well, i've had the bike back together since last Saturday. Unfortunately, I'm still waiting on a few parts: Fairing bracket, bolt kit for the fairing bracket, Steering stem and headlight.

In progress:

"Finished" This is as far as I can get the bike until the other parts come.

Comment

Thanks. I've got a few busted fingers out of the deal, but it was worth it lol.

Comment

nice work man! If only we could all find deals like that!
              Build Thread

'01 Katana 600
              '97 Intruder 1400

Comment

Great progress so far.

Comment

Originally posted by BPryz View Post
                  nice work man! If only we could all find deals like that!
                  Thanks a lot! Believe it or not, i found it on Craigs List. I was lucky to find it so close to home and with the miles it had though, that's for sure.

Originally posted by pbkat03 View Post
                  Great progress so far.
                  Thank you, hopefully it can look like you guy's bikes really soon.

In other news, the steering stem, and fairing bolts came in along with the new clutch lever. I've yet to receive the smoked integrated tail light, front fairing bracket and head light....still.

Comment

where did u get the frame and how much was it. lookin good.
                    2k6 Kat factory blue and white, lowered, mesh mod, shovel chopped, polished clutch and brake levers,V&H ss2r slip on, home made intagrated tail light, polished lips, 8k hid's and Joe's 40 led kit. All done by me learned from Katriders thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Tech View Post
                      where did u get the frame and how much was it. lookin good.
                      I got it from eBay, it was $450 w/ shipping. Your bike looks sick btw.

Comment

thanx i need to update my pic done alot more work .Does the frame have a good title.
                        Last edited by Truck Tech; 04-18-2010, 09:10 PM.
                        2k6 Kat factory blue and white, lowered, mesh mod, shovel chopped, polished clutch and brake levers,V&H ss2r slip on, home made intagrated tail light, polished lips, 8k hid's and Joe's 40 led kit. All done by me learned from Katriders thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Tech View Post
                          thanx i need to update my pic done alot more work .Does the frame have a good title.
                          It came with a BOS, however, I purchased a bond for it and applied for the title here in Michigan.

Cool about the bike. I can't wait to see the pics.

Well, my Integrated tail light came today....unfortunately it doesn't work : that's what I get for ordering the Jap crap from over seas.

in other news, my faring bracket still is t here and the guy I bought the headlight from gave me the wrong address *Blank Stare*....which explains why I got the money order I sent him back in the mail today. I swear, if I didn't have to get things shipped I wouldn't, this is a pain.

Comment

Well, I got the tail light working. Apparently, whoever put the light together placed the spade connectors in the wrong spots.

Comment

Glad you got it figured out. I love my integrated light, cleans up the rear end.

Comment

Working...
                              X