X

hayabusa

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zuma View Post
    Now when you compare the Busa and the V-Rod...
    That's closer than a Busa and a GSXR.

Comment

I have been riding a '91 Katana 1100 since '98. Wife gave me go ahead to get a new bike. So, I researched to find what new bike was closest to my 1100.
      I describe the katana 1100 as a good touring bike that has good power. Its motor came from the GXSR too. I also liked the power shield.

Suzuki GSF150fa? That's their sport tourer. Does it have a motor that shares engineering with the top of the heap hyper bike? Nope. Does it have an electric power shield? Nope. Super fast? Nope- heck, don't know if it can even crack into the 10's in the 1/4 mile like my katana 1100 can.

So, I got a '11 C14. Engine derived from the top of the heap hyper bike? Check. In fact, it also shares brakes, frame, suspension and brakes with the ZX 14. Electric power shield? Got it. Crack the 10's in the 1/4? Piece of cake.
      Because it is a "tourer" insurance is cheap. Full coverage with 500 ded is $400 a year. Liability only for the 1100 is $233. So, I am paying only $166 a year more for full coverage on a bike that is bigger.
      So, this is what became my main ride (still have the 1100). The GSF1250 fa looks out of date, maybe it would've been a big seller ten years ago. The current 'Busa is also out of date. The current ZX 14 will eat a 'busa, along with your license!

Comment

Originally posted by DClark View Post
        I have been riding a '91 Katana 1100 since '98. Wife gave me go ahead to get a new bike. So, I researched to find what new bike was closest to my 1100.
        I describe the katana 1100 as a good touring bike that has good power. Its motor came from the GXSR too. I also liked the power shield.

Suzuki GSF150fa? That's their sport tourer. Does it have a motor that shares engineering with the top of the heap hyper bike? Nope. Does it have an electric power shield? Nope. Super fast? Nope- heck, don't know if it can even crack into the 10's in the 1/4 mile like my katana 1100 can.

So, I got a '11 C14. Engine derived from the top of the heap hyper bike? Check. In fact, it also shares brakes, frame, suspension and brakes with the ZX 14. Electric power shield? Got it. Crack the 10's in the 1/4? Piece of cake.
        Because it is a "tourer" insurance is cheap. Full coverage with 500 ded is $400 a year. Liability only for the 1100 is $233. So, I am paying only $166 a year more for full coverage on a bike that is bigger.
        So, this is what became my main ride (still have the 1100). The GSF1250 fa looks out of date, maybe it would've been a big seller ten years ago. The current 'Busa is also out of date. The current ZX 14 will eat a 'busa, along with your license!
        Dont tempt the Kawi guy about a zx14 eating busas...
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

You guys are still at it? In that case....

Originally posted by steves View Post
          You can away any argument any way you'd like.

That doesn't change the fact that the Hayabusa is evolutionarily the successor to the Katana and the GSXR isnt.
          Sorry, I couldn't resist... lol

I don't believe in evolution...
          sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
          1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
          2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
          First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
          Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
            That doesn't change the fact that the Hayabusa is evolutionarily the successor to the Katana and the GSXR isnt.
            I assume your speaking about the less than stellar looks...
            http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
            http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
            '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
            "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
            "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

Originally posted by DClark View Post
              rear suspension on the Connie is totally different from the ZX14...but I digress...just like the rest of this thread....

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
              You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Did I not lock this thread? I knew I was forgetting something.
                -Steve

sigpic
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
                X