Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

TITLE QUESTION?! Might have stolen bike!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great news although a little surprising. What all did you have to go through? Were they able to recover the defaced numbers off the frame?
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Glad to hear you got it all straight

Comment

Comment

it was kind of a pain in the arse... I had to go through 2 levels of inspections, local cops had to check if it still had the secret VIN on it, which it did, but i had to get a new title stating it was a "rebuild" which kind of sucks... because it lowers the value of the bike, but i'll probably just ride it till it dies anyway haha, Surprisingly enough, they traced back the engine to the VIN on the title, so it was all good! That was the biggest surprise of my life, i didnt even know you could do that.

Comment

Glad things worked out for you. Out of curiousity, where is this secret VIN? Never heard that before.

Comment

Originally posted by faceshanker12345 View Post
              because it lowers the value of the bike
              I wouldnt worry about that too much dude, it's a Katana...just ride the thing.
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by 92GSX750 View Post
                Glad things worked out for you. Out of curiousity, where is this secret VIN? Never heard that before.
                They don't tell you thats why its secret
                all i'm aware of is its stamped on the frame somewhere. If someone found out, I would love to know though...

Comment

whats the VIN on the title? is it even a zuke code
                  im an american proud and free , a son of the south dont tread on me.

Comment

Originally posted by ratgti View Post
                    whats the VIN on the title? is it even a zuke code
                    No, it was from a harley. The bike was deemed stolen and the guy is in jail because the cops thought he was a member of an international theft ring. He may be out in 30 years
                    Lol read the thread...

Comment

So your kat is stolen? Dude that sold it to you is in jail... and you still have the bike?.... strange I would have thought they would have taken it.
                      Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
                      Tony
                      94 Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by il_ragazzo View Post
                        So your kat is stolen? Dude that sold it to you is in jail... and you still have the bike?.... strange I would have thought they would have taken it.
                        i think he was being sarcastic
                        never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to there level and beat you with experience.

Originally posted by GSXFJim
                        Just remember.. Stupid hurts...
                        confused katana build

Comment

Originally posted by il_ragazzo View Post
                          your exactly right

Comment

Working...
                          X