A question of speeding

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Holocene View Post
    This is a lie.

Under the right circumstances, you can ride as fast as you want without putting others at risk.

Divided highway, no traffic for miles = nobody else at risk.
    except for all the unknown, such as an animal coming out of nowhere and you splitting it and yourself in half, don't speed excessively its just dumb and asking for trouble in the real world while yes no others are at risk its still dumb
    never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to there level and beat you with experience.

Originally posted by GSXFJim
    Just remember.. Stupid hurts...
    confused katana build

Comment

This is a lie.

Under the right circumstances, you can ride as fast as you want without putting others at risk.

Divided highway, no traffic for miles = nobody else at risk.
      Until that one person comes out of nowhere.......it's one thing to speed, I do it too. Quite another to think it's not a risk to other folks too at any time.

Comment

Originally posted by blitz2190 View Post
        except for all the unknown, such as an animal coming out of nowhere and you splitting it and yourself in half, don't speed excessively its just dumb and asking for trouble in the real world while yes no others are at risk its still dumb
        I just got this image of a cow crouching behind a bush and then suddlenly jumping out in front of a bike yelling muahaha
        http://www.wickedelements.com

^^^^^^

Comment

This argument really doesn't hold water.

Just look at all the pro race car drivers etc who have family.

People die doing that too.
          Pro race car drivers also drive on a track. On a track there shouldn't be animals who can jump in your way at any time, much less trees or obstacles to slam into when you go down.
          Guess the family argument does kind of hold water.
          1992- project katfighter
          2005- GSXR750
          2001- TL1000R
          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
          www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
          KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
          KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
            Until that one person comes out of nowhere.......it's one thing to speed, I do it too. Quite another to think it's not a risk to other folks too at any time.
            Well if we want to, we could argue that setting out on the road at all is a risk to ourselves and others, more so than staying home anyway.

Sorry guys, I'm a safe rider, but it just irritates me when speeding is correlated with being "unsafe" regardless of the circumstances.

100+ mph can be perfectly safe, even on a public roadway, IF the circumstances are right.

Comment

Okay that's enough of this.

If you ride like an a-hole on public roads you deserve what you get.
              -Steve

sigpic
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
              X