Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Anybody know how to keep rain off your eye shield?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody know how to keep rain off your eye shield?

I use my hands or gloves to wipe my shield but I'm wondering if there is any good solution to keep that rain from beading so I can actually see, especially at night.

Originally posted by surfly View Post
    I use my hands or gloves to wipe my shield but I'm wondering if there is any good solution to keep that rain from beading so I can actually see, especially at night.
    I've never tried it on my shield, just my car windshield, but what about Rain-X?? Anyone have any experience with that?
    "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

rain x is no good for plastic.
      i have seen a lil finger wiper on the market. you put it on your finger and use it to squeegee your shield.
      << RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT !! >>
      KRAZYKAT'S KATANA PICTURES

Comment

Someone makes a glove, Fieldsheer I think, that has a squeegee built in to the left index finger. Seemed like a neat idea.
        2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
        BMC Notorious 918 HT
        2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

I sewed a piece of rubber onto my left finger, it has a triangular shape so it works pretty well
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by jgmann67 View Post
            I've never tried it on my shield, just my car windshield, but what about Rain-X?? Anyone have any experience with that?

I tried it and it worked good for a few minutes, but then it seemed worse than if I had nothing on the visor at all. It doesn't seem to work well on plastics.
            Sex Panther cologne -- 60% of the time, it works every time

Comment

I turn my head from side to side so the water blows off, plus I use my glove to do some wiping down too.
              sigpic

Comment

I clean my shields with Honda Polish, same as I use on the bike. It helps the rain run off and usually, all I have to do is turn my head and it will clear the visor.
                sigpic

My youtube page http://www.youtube.com/user/twotonevert

Comment

Originally posted by scottysags View Post
                  I turn my head from side to side so the water blows off, plus I use my glove to do some wiping down too.
                  +1

Comment

I bought this but haven't tried it yet. If anyone has, post up. Here's a link.
                    1994 Suzuki GSX600F Katana
                    Bone stock
                    Looking to mod, Any ideas?

Comment

I've just gotten used to looking through it. Half the time I find myself driving around in my jeep with the windsheild wipers off to.

I have heard waxing the visor will help the rain bead off the plastic.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                        I sewed a piece of rubber onto my left finger, it has a triangular shape so it works pretty well

I bought a pair of motorcycle gloves in Albuquerque at Bike Wild on Central last spring that has a section of windshield wiper rubber sewn onto the index finger of the left glove. I didn't even notice that it was on there until I was on the bike trying to scrape the remnants of a juicy bug off my visor. It worked on the bug, but it really works on rain. I apologize for not knowing the brand.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

I have a "no name" brand of gloves I bought in Detroit at the bike show...it has the little squeegie thing attached....love it! I recommend buying gloves with this feature
                          Start every day with a smile and get it over with - WC Fields

Comment

I just kept on wiping with my gloves, that worked for awhile, but a squeege in the finger sounds awesome.
                            Let your bloodline fuel my youth!!!

Comment

A small chamois works well, if it gets saturated, just squeeze it and it will absorbe more... the problem is trying to find a place to keep it accessable.
                              The story of my life.... "she ain't pretty, but she'll do for now"

Comment

Working...
                              X