Mesh Mod

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesh Mod

Okay everyone :smt100 ,

I've done searches, I've looked at ride profiles, and I cannot find pics of the mesh mod done on a pre 98. Is the hole in the center too large to get screen to fit, meaning do they make it that wide? If anyone has any info on this that would be awesome.

Thanks.
    Ride or go home!

You know, someone in the last few weeks posted a pic. For the life of me I can't remember. It was a pre 98 silver Kat with some red decals if memory serves me correctly.
    Hopefully someone smarter than me will remember, or the owner will post up
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

I hope so too.

I've checked at my local Menards and Home Depot, and for the life of me I cannot find mesh big enough to cover that hole. I could be looking in the wrong place, but still. I suppose I could swallow my pride and ask someone that works there if they have any, but that would be the easy way.
      Ride or go home!

Comment

do a search on expanded metal you should come up with a bunch of hits. You could also look up perforated metal if you want something different. Check out HD and tell them you want to make a cover for your radiator at home. The stuff is there just not where you would expect to find it.
        92 Katana 600 Project bike
        Some assembly required is my middle name!!!

Comment

gutter mesh tends to come in gutter size sheets..however, i used contractors mesh.. looks cool, and came in a big sheet of like 10x20 or something like that..

mine is a 2000, but this is what it looks like..

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed750
            gutter mesh tends to come in gutter size sheets..however, i used contractors mesh.. looks cool, and came in a big sheet of like 10x20 or something like that..
            Where would I find that "contractors mesh"?
            Ride or go home!

Comment

I used really shiny silver aluminum screen door mesh, 'cause I didn't want people to see the frame peeking out from under the plastics - Except I made the mistake of using epoxy to stick it on....Now I'm gonna have to spend the entire weekend with a dremel removing the hidden neons from between the screened areas of the fairings....
              FrankenKat 1216
              GS Fiter 816
              GSXR750! (race)

Comment

Dood I was goign to put my leds in the same spot as you between the fairing holes but instead put it directly on the frame behind them works just as well and easy to fasten to the frame.
                Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

Doesn't the frame rail stick out into the opening slightly? You might want to double check, the rail might be in the way of the mesh

Comment

On the pre98 the frame rail does stick out slightly.

Has anyone seen a pre98 with mesh in this area. The large opening on the side?
                    TDA Racing/Motorsports
                    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                    Who knows what is next?
                    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

you can get pretty much all the mesh you need at either lowe's or home depot. It comes in a big rolled up sheet, so to speak, then u just lay it out, trace out your pieces, cut it and glue it on.

Comment

looks great.
                        rock
                        always working on mods

Comment

Working...
                        X