X

katana new gas tank cap?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• katana new gas tank cap?

I need a new fuel tank cap, mine seals fine but I need a screw driver to open it as the key part is gone. I would like to replace it with a stock type one probably or any nice billet looking ones. I can't seem to find any for the 1990 katana on ebay besides used stuff but I see a ton for the 98+ kats. Will these work on the post cats and vise versa?

I would like one with a key but if not thats fine too.
    1990 TURBO Kat 600 G15 hidden turbo 12psi
    fender eliminator w/led integrated tail light
    55w dual HID bixenon projector w/halo, blue lighting
    R6 shock, Custom billet mirrors, oil temp/boost gauges
    Post rim swap 170/120 tires, EBC pads/rotors, G&J lines

Originally posted by 91_gsx600F katana View Post
    I need a new fuel tank cap, mine seals fine but I need a screw driver to open it as the key part is gone. I would like to replace it with a stock type one probably or any nice billet looking ones. I can't seem to find any for the 1990 katana on ebay besides used stuff but I see a ton for the 98+ kats. Will these work on the post cats and vise versa?

I would like one with a key but if not thats fine too.

You need a suzuki 4 bolt mount tank cap. If it mounts with 4 bolts, it's most likely the same cap. Used on multiple bikes.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

thanks kreylyn. Looked for a few days on ebay and the internet but couldn't find anything really special for these bikes. Its either a stock replacement type with a lock/key or a billet one in either gold/black/bare aluminum. Im not sure how well the billet ones seal as I guess they just screw in or something? The only colors i would go with is the silver/black but even them Idk how the look and there aren't many pics of the aftermarket gas caps on tanks when you google it.

ended up getting a stock type aftermarket mainly bc I know how it looks already and it has a key so no one can dump something in my tank lol. It will take 10-15 biz days to get here and i got a carbon fiber pad for the tank cap as well. Mine already has one which is why I went with it bc it goes with my color sceme. I would still prob get a billet one down the road if I see some examples installed on a tank and see how well they work.

Comment

Should have gone for a vortex cap.
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Whys that?

Comment

Working...
          X