X

1980 Suzuki GSX750E posted up on Craigslist

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1980 Suzuki GSX750E posted up on Craigslist

Not my bike, but thought I would pass this along.

1980 Suzuki GSX750E - Sold only in Japan that year. Starts and runs like a rocketship. Only 15,000 Kilometers - 11,000 miles! Was in storage for years after original owner had a few wipeouts in England. Lots of new parts and repairs. Ran out of money for project.

New battery, new tires, new chain and sprokets, new brakes, front forks just rebuilt!

I have $2000 invested in this bike, and the price is $1000 firm. Clear title
    Thanks
    • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 998007869
    Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Well, it's not a vintage Kat though..

I also think that the " Sold only in Japan that year." is total BS...

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post

I offer no backing for the validity of anything said in the ad. I just thought I would pass along the contact info.

As for the vintage aspect... I just went by the forum description...

Vintage Kats Only for Kats made PRIOR to 1988. Pics, Sightings, General Information, Questions;
      if it has to do with vintage katana's you'll find it here.
      Buyer beware of course.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
        I offer no backing for the validity of anything said in the ad. I just thought I would pass along the contact info.
        Sorry man, I wasn't slamming you..
        As for the vintage aspect...
        Well true it is vintage, it's just not a Kat..

Comment

Sorry man, I wasn't slamming you..

Well true it is vintage, it's just not a Kat..
          Oh, my appologies then.

But now you got me to do some research on that bike and I think I know where his claim comes from... LOL

In 1980....

GSX750E with a new 16-valve engine replaced the eight-valve GS750E. Even the new machine was a massive air-cooled engine, called bullet-proof by some. As for all early GSX machines, the charging system can cause problems if not maintained carefully. Even the big end bearings can wear out (after several years of usage). The exhaust side cam shaft will also wear down and need to be replaced, sooner or later.

The U.S. model didn't have the X in the model name, the American Suzuki continued using the GS750E model name, despite the new engine.

So, the bike by that name was only sold in Japan... USA called it something different. Still don't undrestand why this is such a common practice. Does not have an X in the name really make that big of difference in sales?

Ah well... Thanks for the correction.. learn something new everyday.

Krey
          Last edited by Kreylyn; 01-19-2009, 03:59 PM. Reason: added link for quote
          93 750 Kat

Comment

You are correct BP, was not a jap only bike.
            I had one myself a couple years ago.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

I had the silver version of the same bike. It was quick for the year.
              Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Working...
              X