X

Bikers are Friendly

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by REDRUm ALLIk View Post
    I live on a Marine Corps base and I try to greet everyone when it is convenient. Like others have said it's a big camaraderie thing. Marines are dicks to everyone but a rider is a rider regardless. Very friendly.
    I have nothing but respect for the US Marine Corp. Thirty odd years ago while vacationing in Honolulu we were drinking in a bar of questionable repute. Two very large bouncers were attempting to inflate our bill by a considerable amount. A table full of Marines sitting next to us overheard the conversation. One of them leaned over and said loud enough for the bouncers to hear " You start her Canada, we'll finish her " Bouncers backed off and we got out of there without a beating. I'll stand a Marine a pint any day of the year......
    Old Age and Treachery Will Beat Youth and Skill Every Time

Comment

Originally posted by elsueco View Post
      Good question. What's the custom on the other side?

*bump*

Further to what Purplehaze said, I will normally point/wave with the left hand. If I encounter another rider in traffic or at traffic lights, then a nod will suffice.

While moving at speed (same or opposite directions), a quick tap on the horn is what most riders seem to do locally. More visible than a nod, and hands stay on the steering. I feel very impolite when my horn isn't working.

Comment

Here in Northern Ireland where we ride on the left (the proper side) of the road bikers generally nod as they approach and get the same in return.

Comment

I wave when I can and its safe to do so.
          I enjoy riding and I hope the others that I see out there can say the same.
          Although the GSXR600 I saw last night with NO gear on at all thought he was too good to wave I guess, he even grinned and laughed.

Comment

Working...
          X