X

Speedometer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedometer

So. my speedometer hasn't worked since I got the bike and I cant seem to find a speedo cable online for a 98' katana 600... Anyone know where I can pick one up for cheap?

$12- Ebay

Originally posted by HighRisk View Post
    So. my speedometer hasn't worked since I got the bike and I cant seem to find a speedo cable online for a 98' katana 600... Anyone know where I can pick one up for cheap?
    Took me 11 seconds to find on Ebay:

sigpic
    '91 Katana 600 custom right-side shift, Yoshimura Exhaust, Vinyl Carbon Fiber wrapped.

'09 Aprilia Mana 850 Carbon Fiber body work, Leo Vince Exhaust, HID conversion

Comment

Doh!!!!!, use the GSX###F for eBay searches. Also bikebandit, ronayers, dealer,????
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Your bike doesn't use a cable.

It's electronic. Sensor is the small plug on the sprocket cover on the right side.

I'd pull that cover and make sure the parts are all there...

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
          Your bike doesn't use a cable.

It's electronic. Sensor is the small plug on the sprocket cover on the right side.

I'd pull that cover and make sure the parts are all there...

Krey
          Alright ill check when i get home. Ive had bad experiences with shopping on ebay so i generally avoid it

Comment

Don't blame you, it's usually misrepresented.
            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
            spammer police
            USAF veteran
            If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

my issue was due to a missing rotor that goes on front sprocket shaft.
              never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Where exactly was this rotor located? I cant seem to find anything missing :/

Comment

Where exactly was this rotor located? I cant seem to find anything missing :/
                  its on the inside of the sprocket cover.
                  New Carbs and new tires makes it hard to take it easy on the throttle....

Comment

Originally posted by Sjorge3442 View Post
                    its on the inside of the sprocket cover.
                    it bolts to the shaft for the front sprocket. if it's missing it still looks normal.
                    never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Working...
                    X