Just thought I post some pics of my Kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just thought I post some pics of my Kat

Hey guys,

It was sunny & warm here in Orlando today - so I thought I would take some pics of the Katana before I went riding:

Hope you guys like 'em.

Stay safe.

- Darrell
    Last edited by yellow_kitty_kat; 03-16-2008, 01:58 AM.
    Originally posted by Nero
    "Be the ball, Danny. Be the ball."
    SUPPORT YOUR FORUM: Buy a KR decal!

MY 2001 600 KATANA - Sold... But never forgotten.

Looks nice. The last shot makes it look like a ****ed off bumble bee. Like an anime cartoon character.

Enjoy the riding.
    If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

Clean yellow Kat. Not to many yellow ones running around. What is the square thing on the bars
      www.mopowersports.com

Comment

nice kat! maybe we can meet some day and go riding around town.

Comment

Damn, seeing a bike that nice and clean makes me realize how much work I need to do on my bike. Hope the weather breaks here soon. Sweet looking ride you have.

Comment

Nice, I like it. You plan on doing any other modding?
            sigpic
            Update Jul 11 2014
            Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

Originally posted by HS2020 View Post
              Clean yellow Kat. Not to many yellow ones running around. What is the square thing on the bars

That is my Garmin GPS 330. I named her after my wife Denise, because it is always telling me where to go...

The round orange thing with the black stripes on the left clip-on is bicycle bell my friend bought me as a joke... He rides an R1, and I am supposed to ring it when he needs to slow down. But, I have come think of the bell housing as the "house" for my motorcycles' soul - The "Ka House" I guess. It sounds silly, but everybody has their "thing"!

And velcro'd to the face of the dash is my most important mod - My St. Christopher medal. I think that you should never ride without the Man upstairs...

Originally posted by Rok_Stars_Bars View Post
              Nice, I like it. You plan on doing any other modding?
              My immediate next mod is to cover the seat in a 2 tone pattern, with the driver in a new black material & the passenger section being covered in yellow. I am planning on having the foam being replaced with a memory foam material, and more of a "dish" scooped into the drivers area for more definition.
              Last edited by yellow_kitty_kat; 03-16-2008, 11:46 AM.

Comment

I like how clean yours is. How hard is it to get my decals off, I dont want to have to paint the bike.....yet....
                '04 600 GSXF

"Hope for the best, but expect the worst. You will always be prepared, and never disappointed."
                ME.

Comment

I love it bro...its clean and well equipped-two thumbs up!
                  “What you own is your own kingdom
                  What you do is your own glory
                  What you love is your own power
                  What you live is your own story” -Niel Peart

Comment

Nice, the yellow mesh looks cool
                    Too old to dream, too young to reason...
                    I am fond of my rough edges.
                    sigpic

Comment

Crampbuster

Does that thing really work? I've been thinking about one of those but I was told that it gets in the way more than anything else.
                      sigpic

"Computer users who do not back up their data deserve to lose it, period." - William H. Gates III

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon View Post
                        I like how clean yours is. How hard is it to get my decals off, I dont want to have to paint the bike.....yet....
                        Honestly, I would like to have a paint scheme like your Kat has. I think they look great in the factory colors - especially yours, and the 2006/GSXR scheme. Bt getting the stickers off represented no big effort. Of course, I used a pneumatic grinder and 220 grit paper because I was going to do a repaint anyway. There are some pretty good write ups on the forum regarding less destructive methods of removal.

Originally posted by ckoepke View Post
                        Does that thing really work? I've been thinking about one of those but I was told that it gets in the way more than anything else.
                        The bicycle bell? Nah, it is pretty much out of the way. My buddy on the R1 doesn't even pay attention to it, either...

I kid. Peoples opinions on motorcycle mods, like art, are subjective. Personally, I think my GPS unit & mount freaking rocks... But, that is just my opinion .

Seriously, the only thing it really gets in the way of is the clock. And when I am riding, I ain't looking at the clock! But as far as a convenience and a safety factor, having an onboard GPS unit is leaps and bounds better than having to pull out a map, or try to read one on the fly. Also, you can just crank up the volume, and listen to the turn by turn directions if you don't feel comfortable going heads down to the cockpit. The RAM mount is fantastic, and in the near future I will but a "tee" with a plate on it to mount my camera & mp3 player.

I am going for the "$3,500.00 Baby BMW" look!
                        Last edited by yellow_kitty_kat; 03-19-2008, 07:07 AM.

Comment

very nice....i think my favorite part is the headlights...

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Thanks Barmatt80.

That pic was taken at like 4 pm. Those HID's really light the road up. I know from one of my previous threads that you were thinking about running one on your 919 - still gonna do it?
                            Last edited by yellow_kitty_kat; 03-17-2008, 01:52 AM.

Comment

yeah i am tossing the idea around, expecially since i just hit my first deer in my jeep, so the jeep and the bike are probably going to get some lighting upgrades. I'll probably split a set like you got with a pre98 rider(as they just have one headlight as well).

The 599(smaller version of my bike) has a dual headlight setup, so I might go with the conversion. and run dual hid.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Working...
                              X