X

Saw a guy crash on a Kat today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw a guy crash on a Kat today

I was driving in my car with my daughter today, we were on the highway when I saw a bike go by us. My daughter commented on the bike saying that it was a Katana and sure enough it was. It was a blue 600 98+, he was following a car in the passing lane, doing about 70 mph when the traffic slowed down quickly, well this guy wasn't paying attention at all to the traffic ahead because he realized at the last second he was going to rear end the car in front of him, so he got on the front brake way to hard and the front wheel locked up and down he went. This was all happening right beside my drivers door, it was so sureal watching the guy and his Katana sliding beside me on the highway. At first my worry was that the guy would get run over by a car while he was sliding along at 50 mph but the traffic behind us slowed down as they saw him fall. I called the police and they sent help. I wasn't able to stop because I was taking the exit just as this all happened, and to do so would have been unsafe. My daughter looked back and saw the guy get up and hobble to the side of the road so I don't think he was hurt that badly but his bike was rashed up pretty good. It's just weird to watch it happen beside you, it was like everything went into slow motion. Anyway just thought I'd share this with you, and maybe use it as a reminder to keep your eyes up on what's happening way ahead of you and not focusing on the road 10 feet in front of your bike. Drive safe.
    R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

I hope it was no one from here.

Comment

wow thats crazy

Comment

Originally posted by audiviruz
        I hope it was no one from here.
        I really hope isn't someone from here either, but if it is, he'll never hear the end of "not paying attention"...

=-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

That sucks

KCCO!!!
          Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant? I was sitting there eating and thought...OMG I could be eating one of the slow learners!"

Comment

Sometimes people are bankrupt when it comes to the attention finances. I am in no way preaching though as my silly self has only a few miles on my Kat. I cant wait to see what sort of silly junk happens to me. At the same time though this just reminds me that I still have a LONG way to go when it comes to riding.

Comment

Ouch! Poor Bastid!
              "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
              JOHN 16:33

Comment

Poor feller.

Comment

I don't think it was somebody from here because I did a search and couldn't find anyone from Montreal with a 98+ 600cc Kat. I'm sure he's got to be very sore today, he had helmet , jacket and gloves but was wearing jeans which probably wore through to his skin after about 3 feet of sliding along the pavement.
                  R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Actually, denim lasts no more than 4 feet @ 50MPH on pavement, kevlar lasts about 18 feet. Motorcycle weight leather, on the other hand lasts about 86 feet.

Source: September 1988 issue of Cycle Magazine

Hope he's ok and the bike is ridable.

Comment

That sucks

Comment

hmmm....how many feet does the skin and flesh last that is under the denim/kevlar?

And people think i'm weird for wearing leather in 100 degree heat! LOL
                        97 Katana 600
                        [email protected] (or IM)

Comment

Kat down

Hope the guy is allright. He's damn lucky the drivers behind him were watching. Hope he learned something from his ordeal. I don't want to see anybody get hurt, especially from the site. Hope all's well with him and lesson learned.

Comment

Poor fugger,,,,,all it takes is a second of unawareness....and POWWW!!Its over...be careful.

Comment

My wife, daughter and I will be in Montreal (from Ohio) on Friday...hope we don't see that either.
                              LMT

Comment

Working...
                              X