X

2015 Kawasaki Ninja 650

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 Kawasaki Ninja 650

I just got me yesterday afternoon a brand new-was still in the crate-had to wait a few hours for the stealership to put her together, 2015 ninja 650.

I have only put about 45 miles yesterday, nice and torquy and seemingly plenty oomph. I will certainly follow-up after a bunch more miles.
    2000 Suzuki Katana 600 (Cryogenic suspension)
    2002 Kawasaki Vulcan (Gone)
    2006 Kawasaki ZX-14 (Gone)
    2015 Kawasaki Ninja 650.

What's insurance like on that if your don't mind me asking?
    1998 Katana 750
    1992 Katana 1100
    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Come on now! Where's the pictures?!
      My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
      2007 GSXR 750

Comment

I am happy for you, bro! Congrats!

You didn't mention the color. I just looked the bike up and have come to the conclusion that you just purchased the perfect bike. I mean it. I would love to have one just like it...but riding it in these mountains alongside gawking tourists, random potholes, and wildlife that can devour me, I think I better pass. I love that bike though...have fun and even though it is not your Z-14, it will roar, so be careful.
        Last edited by zuma; 02-26-2016, 02:19 PM.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Originally posted by shpielers View Post
          What's insurance like on that if your don't mind me asking?
          Socal, USA, moderate to heavy use, full coverage from Geico, $550 for one year. Half what the 600R is!!! 'cause I got a bunch of quotes for other bikes.

To be honest, I thought that one years worth for $550 is pretty good, when I had the ZX-14, I developed hemorrhoids from the insurance renewal yearly anal beading...

The bike's the matte white and black. Dont like kawi green and never like reds.

Pix here: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.p...58#post2364058
          Last edited by 2000kat600; 02-26-2016, 08:10 PM. Reason: adding pix.
          2015 Kawasaki Ninja 650.

Comment

Damn, full coverage for a new bike for 550/yr? Nice! My 600 and ninja 250 are costing me that. And they're both 10 years old. And neither has comprehensive.

The white looks awesome
            1998 Katana 750
            1992 Katana 1100
            2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

? I pay $233 for full coverage per year. I vote for the white also. Post kats look like poopoo.
              "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
              spammer police
              USAF veteran
              If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Its all where you live, plus the bike.
                I live in Carson City, NV and when I got my kat 1100 back in '98, only three companies would even insure it and the cost of comp/collision was 50% of the value of the bike. Mind you, I was 34, perfect record.
                I got a new C14 and since it is a touring bike, it is still cheaper than the Kat 1100, even though it is faster (go figure?) .
                Full coverage on C-14 with $1,000 ded and liability only on the kat 1100 is $480 a year for me.
                I got t-bone by a SUV on my C-14 last August. AAA (other party) claims I am have at fault. Gieco (my insurer) says the other party is 100% at fault. It is now in arbitration and my renewel last month didn't go up.

Comment

White looks quite groovy from here too !

Comment

Originally posted by DClark View Post
                    Its all where you live, plus the bike.
                    I live in Carson City, NV and when I got my kat 1100 back in '98, only three companies would even insure it and the cost of comp/collision was 50% of the value of the bike. Mind you, I was 34, perfect record.
                    I got a new C14 and since it is a touring bike, it is still cheaper than the Kat 1100, even though it is faster (go figure?) .
                    Full coverage on C-14 with $1,000 ded and liability only on the kat 1100 is $480 a year for me.
                    I got t-bone by a SUV on my C-14 last August. AAA (other party) claims I am have at fault. Gieco (my insurer) says the other party is 100% at fault. It is now in arbitration and my renewel last month didn't go up.
                    Damn, sorry to hear... bikers worst nightmare... arbitration is legal fraud, the company that pays most wins, companies even pick the arbitration agency or actual arbitrator... wtf. Don't take it from me, read about it, very flawed and biased.

Politics aside. I'm middle aged, clean record, goody goody boy, same quote for the 600r or Kawi concourse were about $1,100.00, so the bike type and engine size made most of the difference.
                    Last edited by 2000kat600; 03-02-2016, 10:02 PM. Reason: Typo
                    2015 Kawasaki Ninja 650.

Comment

"R"=$$$$$$.

Comment

Originally posted by 2000kat600 View Post
                        Damn, sorry to hear... bikers worst nightmare... arbitration is legal fraud, the company that pays most wins, companies even pick the arbitration agency or actual arbitrator... wtf. Don't take it from me, read about it, very flawed and biased.

Politics aside. I'm middle aged, clean record, goody goody boy, same quote for the 600r or Kawi concourse were about $1,100.00, so the bike type and engine size made most of the difference.
                        We will see. It's geico vs aaa and hopefully geico will prevail. Otherwise I'll sue the other party in small claims for my deductible.

Comment

Working...
                        X