X

leg warmer... built in...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leg warmer... built in...

got about 500 miles on my bike now... running like a top but on the way home from work today (50 mile ride) i noticed my inner thigh area getting fairly warm... is this typical?... note that it was in the lower 90's today here in my area

just wondering
    mark

Well you will get heat from the engine, but when you say fairly warm and it's 90 degrees out, I'd call that normal. What I'd do for a 90 degree day...you lucky S.O.B.
    R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

92 today in the Midwest....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....I hate this state....
      Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
      -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
      -Terence

Comment

it was cool in the 60's this morning to work... i was just supprised at how warm it was... and the heat wave that hits you when you come to a stop (heat rises... so it raises right in your face doh)

just odd things i noticed... something you don't get in a cage

Comment

90 degrees you lucky bastid. It was in the 50s when I rode this morning!
          "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
          JOHN 16:33

Comment

...move ...

na seems 80's is about the most perfect... riding in the 50's is damn cold... the 60's this morning was nice... but the fog kinda killed that

Comment

I can't say I really notice much in the way of engine heat on my legs on the Kats compared to any other bike that I've owned in the past (the others were all water-cooled and put off much more heat), even in the Florida heat. Q: what kind of pants (shorts?) were you wearing that you felt the engine heat on your thighs?

Personally, I can't wait until mid-afternoon temps drop into the mid-70's... I'll be laughing at all my snow-bound friends at KR :P

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

jeans... to scared to ware shorts although seems they aren't much better...

ya i'm enjoying the cooler fall weather we're getting... FL has it's up-sides

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                  Personally, I can't wait until mid-afternoon temps drop into the mid-70's... I'll be laughing at all my snow-bound friends at KR :P

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet

Hey whats wrong with the snow

Comment

Originally posted by nitros222
                    Nothing when participation in it is a strictly voluntary "vacation" function...

Personally, I prefer not suffering (anymore) from days that are way too short and the whole winter-blues issues that can occur in any seriously snow-bound area. I'm bummed out often enough without it. Plus, the money I save on heating bills, extra clothing and snow tires (plus depreciation on cars from salt effects, etc.) can all be rolled over into either working less and drinking more pina colata's, or more motorcycle upgrades
                    Ask me again what's wrong with snow when you're manning the snow-blower and I'm pool-side with the coeds with the blender...

Cheers,
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

But Cyber - you are missing out on the joy of snowmobiling!!!

It was 80 degrees F here in Wisconsin today - The high last week? 59 degrees F. Figure that one out. I HATE fall. I don't mind mowing in the summer, but I cannot stand raking in the fall.
                      "Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting," Holy sh*t!!! What a ride!!!"

Comment

The part where it's COLD and I can't move my freakin fingers . Makes it hard to work the controls when you can't feel your hands .
                        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                          The part where it's COLD and I can't move my freakin fingers . Makes it hard to work the controls when you can't feel your hands .
                          +1, err -20F as it may be...
                          Live and Lean.
                          When the going gets twisty, the going get twistin.
                          "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
                          Romans 3:23

Comment

46 degrees when I rode to work this am in NY...76 in the pm.....winters around the fugging corner..oh yeh by the way even in 90 deg. heat I dont feel that much engine heat coming out of the fairings unless I'm in stop and go traffic.

Comment

Originally posted by trojanftbl52
                              But Cyber - you are missing out on the joy of snowmobiling!!!
                              Agreed!!!

The weather here did the same thing, too, it was under 50 last week, cold enough that I switched to my heavy jacket and snowmobile helmet. Today it was 80 and I was back to the mesh jacket without the liner and my motorcycle helmet.
                              Nick www.naskie18.com Googletalk: naskie18 AIM: naskie18

Comment

Working...
                              X