X

carbon fiber parts?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zoom2001
    I want my instrument cluster to look like yours. Where did you get the stuff to make it look like that?
    My web page has all the links.
    Bike is sold

Comment

Originally posted by fixedtl
      Wow spedee your bike looks good. Is that full carbon parts or overlay?. I'm just planning to over lay some parts.
      Thanks

Front fender, dash, tank fill cap, muffler, heelgaurds, rear hugger. license plate back all 100% Carbon fiber.

Handle levers, bar ends, sliders are carbon look vinyl
      Bike is sold

Comment

Originally posted by D3r3k
        spedee nice lookin bike man
        Thanks
        Bike is sold

Comment

OH NO NOT AGAIN!
          WHEN I HAD CARS I USED TO GET THESE ROLLS OF CARBON FIBER VINYL I GOT ADDICTED TO IT AND STUCK IT TO EVERYTHING.

HMMMMM I WONDER WHAT A KAT LOOKS LIKE IN FULL CARBON FIBER ....TANK FAIRING FRAME RIMS

NO NO NO

I THINK IT LOOKS NEAT ON MIRRORS INDICATORS AND DASH. FRONT AND REAR MUDGUARDS BUT WOULDNT GO TOO EXTREME
          i pitty the fool that dont ride oldskool

Comment

i don't know if anyone is looking to fab some stuff in CF but i found this place that sells the actual mat that looks like CF cheaper than actual CF mat. So if you know how to fiberglass you're all set. I'm gonna pick some up in a few weeks.

Fibre Glast is a leading supplier of first quality fiberglass, carbon fiber, kevlar and composite materials. Offering the very best in fiberglass and composite materials for your next areospace, civil engineering, military or motorsports project.

It's not fo structural stuff though,only looks.
            2005 600, Chopped Shovel, Smoked Turn Signals and Rear Light, 14/50 Sprocket Change, Lubetronic, Whiteface Gauges, Chrome Reflective Screen, Anodized Bar ends and Levers, Met. z3's and some nuts and bolts!!

Comment

not bad the i guessed the price went down for CF.

Comment

It's not really CF. Just looks the same. That's why it's cheap.
                2005 600, Chopped Shovel, Smoked Turn Signals and Rear Light, 14/50 Sprocket Change, Lubetronic, Whiteface Gauges, Chrome Reflective Screen, Anodized Bar ends and Levers, Met. z3's and some nuts and bolts!!

Comment

I missed the fiberglass part. But if that black cf is as stiff as the silver it will be kind of hard to work with.

Comment

I dunno - don't like the stuff. Makes me feel like a poser to do overlays. I'd be bloody embarassed is someone noticed it was vinyl.

Don't get me wrong - I like the real stuff. The hugger, front fender and pipe do look great Spedee!

Comment

Anyone know where to get pre 98 CF stuff? All I can find is fake crap, I want the real deal!

Comment

i herd theres a major shortage of CF right now, the gov is buying up all the stocks of it?

at least in the car world thats the rumor. all the CF parts arent being made and the ones made are netting high prices....
                        03 katanika

Comment

yes that is true the shortage is due to the government buying it all to built planes and stuff. And when i say overlay i mean using real cf to overlay onto the oem part, i'm not talking about the cheap looking cf vinlys.

Comment

Working...
                          X