X

Handling Two up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handling Two up

Why does my bike 1998 750F handle better with a pillion on the back, It handles okayish on normal settings but is front heavy into corners and feels if it wants to flop over, Then when my 12 year old Son is on the back it handles like a dream?
    I ajust the cylinder under the seat as per manual but when I put it back for solo riding the bike goes back to flopping over.
    Any ideas anyone?

Thanks BIG BILL
    FAT FIT AND FAST.

I'd say that if the bike is working better with additional weight on the back, i'd adjust the rear shock spring pre-load so the spring is under more load. You should have an adjustment tool with the toolkit on your bike, if you don't have one, I'd shop on ebay or find a friend with one.
    You did turn the rear to the firmest setting on the canister already, right?

Comment

Originally posted by thecynic
      I'd say that if the bike is working better with additional weight on the back, i'd adjust the rear shock spring pre-load so the spring is under more load. You should have an adjustment tool with the toolkit on your bike, if you don't have one, I'd shop on ebay or find a friend with one.
      You did turn the rear to the firmest setting on the canister already, right?
      +1
      Stock settings are good in general but sometimes they don't fit each particular rider the same. Play with the pre-load. But remember the settings for two-up riding with your son.
      sigpic

Comment

Reduce the shock spring preload for your weight.
        Ron
        MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Working...
        X