X

Need Engine for 2005 750F

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Engine for 2005 750F

I was riding recently and the oil drain plug fell out.. Don't ask me how. Anyway, pulled over, got new plug and oil and it runs fine except at about 6000 RPM then engine starts vibrating. I probably ruined it. I need a used engine for my bike. Anyone have one they want to get rid of on a crashed bike?

Wouldn't go on to get a new (or used) engine just yet but I would definitely keep asking around. Aresenic and some of the other guys know what their doing so they may know why its doing that. My bike rattles pretty good at high RPM so I wouldn't have a clue as to if something bad happened or not.
    At first I was like

Now I'm like

Comment

How long did you ride it with no oil?
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

2005 Katana 750

Pulled over as soon as I saw the oil light and engine was already just starting to knock.

Comment

Katana 750 Knocking

Sounds to me like the top end rod bearings the way it is knocking. It was still dumping oil after I pulled over so I think crank is fine. Anyone have a top end rebuild kit?

Comment

There is no top end rod bearing. There are bottom end plain bearings and a wrist pin. A top end rebuild kit doesn't replace that.

Comment

eBay is your friend on this one; though 750s aren't quite as cheap and easy to come by as the 600 mills. Or ask your local bike salvager...
              Black & Blue - Kludge Fixed Katana - 1990 Katana GSX-600F [out of service - engine swap started 9/8/12; ETA 9/30/12]
              Beaten and bruised, clawing its way back from the dead for the 3rd time. 2-up tourer
              2001 Buell Blast 515cc, V&H Exh, Buell Pro-Series Intake, Stage IV Jetting, Raptor II Streetfighter Front Headlight/Fairing Assembly, Dual HIDs -- "The Misfit"

Comment

i would google it ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,then............ what do i know
                im an american proud and free , a son of the south dont tread on me.

Comment

haha wow i just did the same exact thing today but i found another oil plug in my garage and through that on filled it with oil and turned it on and had some loud knocking.... drove it around more and it stalled at a light and started smoking light crazy had to have it towed home....

Comment

750 engine rebuild

Has anyone rebuilt the engine. I have a 2005 750 with a knock around 4000 rpm. Oil plug fell out on me. Obviously I need to tear down, turn the crank at least 10 and put it back together. My question is do I have to buy the whole gasket set or can I get away with just the head, jug and case gasket?

Comment

Originally posted by pierceKAT750 View Post
                      Obviously I need to tear down, turn the crank at least 10 and put it back together.
                      I have no idea how "turning the crank at least 10 (wtf?)" would solve a knocking rod, but it's generally a lot cheaper to just swap in a used motor, as was already said.
                      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                      Originally posted by soulless kaos
                      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                        I have no idea how "turning the crank at least 10 (wtf?)" would solve a knocking rod, but it's generally a lot cheaper to just swap in a used motor, as was already said.
                        Have the crank ground .010" (ten thousandths) is the proper terminology. Then you use oversize bearings....but assuming that needs done without even looking at it is not a good thing.

As stated, cheaper to find a new motor and throw that in rather than rebuild it. For the price of the parts and gaskets you can find a whole used motor for about half that.

Comment

IMO 10 over is probably wishfull thinking BTW
                          I would expect 30 over when there is noise/damage
                          Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
                            Have the crank ground .010" (ten thousandths) is the proper terminology. Then you use oversize bearings....but assuming that needs done without even looking at it is not a good thing.
                            I thought thats what he meant, but that much work would cost almost as much as a known good engine if you dont have the tools in your shop.

Also a really redneck way of fixing it...and thats coming from someone from KY
                            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                            Originally posted by soulless kaos
                            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
                            X