X

bike wont start....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bike wont start....

Soo i went out to warm up my bike and it strted up fine then I shut it off after a few minutes then I come back out to leave and i try to start it and it just clicked like the battery was dead and I tried to jump start it still nothing... And the noise us coming from the battery.

Any one have an idea for me to look for?? I start my new job Thursday and need my bike running. Its my daily.

Thanks.

Comment

Bad starter relay or dirty battery connections. I'd start with the battery connections....make them clean and shiny. If that doesn't work, check the relay.

Comment

okay so ijust cleaned up the termals and it still just clicked but theres little little thing that the positive cable from the battery come from and when i touch it i can feel it click. idk what to call it so hopefully u know what im talking about.

Comment

That's the relay. Either that's bad or the starter is. Time for a voltmeter and a voltage check.

Comment

so how would i determine which one is bad? just do a voltage check on both or something? if the starter is bad how difficult is it to change? what all do u have to do?

Comment

Go to napa with the relay and buy a new one. It should only be a few bucks
              PM me for Ultrasonic Carb Cleaning, pilot screw o-rings and washers and mercury refills

Harley Davidson
              The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the biproduct of horsepower

Comment

I was doing some research to see if its possible to bypass the relay but i seen someone say "why not jump it with a screwdrive?" what does he mean by that?? I wanna try that out and see if i do if itll start and to find out if thats bad or if my starter is bad.

Originally posted by UFO8MyCow View Post
                Go to napa with the relay and buy a new one. It should only be a few bucks
                okay thanks. I want to find out forsure if its the relay first.
                Last edited by 88Streetfighter; 06-27-2012, 01:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by 88Streetfighter View Post
                  "why not jump it with a screwdrive?" what does he mean by that??
                  Dont do it. If you do it wrong you can cause alot more damage

Have you checked youre battery voltage?
                  Last edited by UFO8MyCow; 06-27-2012, 01:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                  PM me for Ultrasonic Carb Cleaning, pilot screw o-rings and washers and mercury refills

Harley Davidson
                  The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the biproduct of horsepower

Comment

okay haha THANK U! I dont have one but earlier today before I was gonna leave the house i went out and started my bike to warm it up then shut it off after a few minutes, got ready came back out and it wouldnt start back up at all. but recently when ive tried starting it, it would turn over cut out, then it would do it again a couple more times as i try starting it and then i would hold the start button and i could hear a sound getting stronger and stronger then it would turn over and start up... hopefully that made sense.

but no i havent checked the battery voltage or anything. I dont have a volt meter, i would have to find a friend who has one and have them bring it over to me.
                    Last edited by 88Streetfighter; 06-27-2012, 01:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Sounds like a low battery voltage, probably bad but may be worth charging first

Harley Davidson

Comment

but i tried to jump start it to and it didnt do anything. the car also wasnt on i just used battery but ive done this before when i first got my bike and the battery was dead shot and it would start it up.

Comment

replaced starter relay and shes good again!! thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
                          X