HELP!! HEADLIGHTS PLAYING UP..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!! HEADLIGHTS PLAYING UP..

Please help me...

I noticed this morning that my headlights were not working.

I ride during the day only, about 300 miles week - always with full/high beem.

Going to work I looked down and noticed that the blue light was back on...

looking at reflections from cars in front, I could see that both high and dipped lights were working.

The little front light works on the middle and left possition (right handlebar switch), and turns off when fully to the right.

The lights didn't work on my way home this evening.

The weird thing is that the pass/flash finger button on the left switch gear still activates the full beam, and blue lamp on the dash...

There are no volts on the lamp socket, untill the pass/flash botton is pulled!

Please, can anyone help?

Cheers,

Gareth.
    If it doesn't kill you, I'ttle only make you stronger!

wiggle the wires that go into the throttle to see if they go of and on.mine did this.i had a solder come undone.i just resoldered it

Comment

Thats right..
      I guess we found out is has to do with the
      starter cut out..

Comment

Cheers for the tips...

When you say throttle, I assume you mean the right hand side switch gear?

I assume by your experience, that It has something to do with the 3 possition light switch?

I've just got in from the cinema, I'm going to take a look at the wiring diagrams and try to work it out.

cheers again...

Gareth.

Comment

I had a problem inside the switch...had to resolder (highbeams did NOT work...lowbeams still worked)

Comment

Hmmm....

So the switch is ok!

I took the switch gear assembly apart this morning before work.

Firstly, I found a throttle cable broken ,not the one which opens the throttle, the other one which doesn't seem to be 100% needed to get the thing on the road! - is this for TPS? should I replace really - really soon?

anyway, the switch is working 100%. 12v on one wire, which swithces to the other 3 correctly.

without having the time to rip it apart tonight, does anyone have any other ideas?

Cheers,

Gareth.

Comment

take the third eye plate off....disconnect the connector to it....look for a harness in upper left corner (you might have to cut some tie wraps)

check the connections there...I had the big black one go bad on me, caused a few electrical gremlins.

look for any discolourations in the connector...if you see black...sure sign of "arcing" and is the guilty connection.

Comment

Working...
              X