X

So someone was messing with my bike

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So someone was messing with my bike

My boss called at lunch, and 2 guys were down looking on my bike. Two 20ish guys lifting it off the sidestand and messing with the handlebars. I'm livid and I can't get anywork done because I'm paranoid as heck, and can't stop looking out the window in my office at it. Man... my blood is boiling. She said it was almost like they were looking at it like it was for sale. I'm going to the building manager to see if they have camera's outside.

What gives.... I had a great day going to, now I'm all nervous and shaking because I'm so mad

I checked the petcock and will check everything else next time I go out. Sheesh.

No respect some of these kids have, no respect...

/rant

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Pellet gun and scope?

Comment

man that sucks.i had my 600 ninja stolen about 6 years ago.but if they are trying to lift it i am thinking they MIGHT try to return to steal it.i might be wrong and i hope i am.cyberpoet has a device that you put in the ground and then you chain it to this device.ask your boss if you can install it.check CP's website for it

Comment

here is the site http://www.motorcycleanchor.com/products/anchor.html

Comment

Any way of parking closer to the main entrance of the building or inside? When I worked for the agency in Culver City I would open the glass doors and roll it in the reception area when I was working late.
          sigpic

Comment

here in texas i dont think the fire marshal would go for that.

Comment

Hmm.... Can you chain a hungry pit bull to it?

Seriously, Lock the forks, slap a disc lock on, and if really concerned chain it to a light pole.

Is there any kind of plant protection or security where you are? Call them and complain.

If you catch them, don't forget to rip them several new orafices.
              -Steve

sigpic
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Did you actually catch them messing with your bike or was it just your boss?? If you caught them why didn't you beat their a$$es?? Did you ever think of getting an alarm for your bike like this?? http://www.motorcycleonlinestore.com...c=true&pid=489 This alarm will go off if someone tips your bike or even bumps it and at $219.00 it sounds like a great deal. I also believe you can get a harness specifically for the Katana to plug right into your existing wiring harness meaning no cut wires ect. It's possible they are interested in BUYING a Katana like yours and they decided to see how heavy it is and whatnot. I know it sounds extreme but I wouldn't put it past some people. Did this happen in the daylight?? I would definitly keep an eye on it 24/7 from now on, even at your house because they might know where you live.

Comment

Tomorrow ia looking like
                  "Bring Sullivan to work day"

Comment

To address your questions...

No, there is not any security around here... They make Red Wing Shoes, and Red Wing Pottery. Only security around here is for banks.

I'm thinking I'll park it next to the front doors, I beat everyone in anyway.

And, no, I didn't see them.. I prolly would have knocked the crap out of them.

What's a disk lock? Maybe I should put one of those on. I like CP's anchors, but the parking lot is a community lot for a bunch of business in a Cul-De-Sac sort of area. I'm not even sure who to ask, but I'll ask the Building manager if I could find him. I don't want to leave this window!!

oh... Sully is too big to fit on the bike, not that I've tried

Mac... good idea on the alarm...

:stillmad

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Originally posted by gytrdunkat
                      What's a disk lock? Maybe I should put one of those on.

oh... Sully is too big to fit on the bike, not that I've tried
                      Bummer

Comment

Who says he needs to be on the bike. He could lay next to it
                        "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage, Mythbuster

Comment

That sucks that even at work you can't trust anyone to leave your bike alone...I remember that I was looking at a Kawi one time it had "pig Spotters" on it..first time I'd ever seen those...I guess I got too close to the bike and the alarm went off...luckly the owner was cool about it and I appologized...now I didn't get on the bike just close enough to that I brushed against the seat with my hand...but he knew I hadn't done anything wrong so he was actually cool and let me sit on it so I could get a feel of what the pig spotters were like...now that is completely different from people messing around with your bike when they don't have permission....
                          Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                          Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Takeit from somebody who worked in repo..and somebody who's thought of every angle when it comes to grabbing a bike. (and seen alot of them done, too!)

They were scoping out your ride to see how hard it would be to heft it up into a vehicle and drive off with it. Heard the story at least a dozen times before!
                            'hey, nice bike, how heavy is it? hmm, we can move this, lets come back later with a stolen van..'

DO NOT give them the opertunity, they WILL take it. Park where *everybody* you know can see it. you might even want to go talk to people who will be within close viwing distance of your ride and say 'hey, some kids tried to steal my bike, if you see anybody mesisng with it that isnt me, get help IMEDEATLY. i'll PAY you if you catch them.'

Disk locks are a joke, sorry people. if they want to steal your bike, they just throw it into a van/truck and drive off with it. It's right up there with chains, easy to get around. It takes about 40 seconds to hijack a parked/locked bike.

Install a motion sensor/alarm on it, something REALLY LOUD. you want that thing so loud that it makes your head hurt just being around it. the more of a bitch your ride is for them to sneak off, the less likely they are to bother with it and more likely to go steal some other chumps ride.

DO NOT leave it wired into the main harness, install its own nicads that charge off your bike when its running. you want it self contained and boxed somehow to avoid them just reaching a snipper in and clipping a wire.

Buy a gun, get certified with it. Yes, i'm serious, buy/cert yourself for a gun. I don't care if you just put rubber bullets in it, but buy yourself something serious, like a .45 sig 911, you want a hand cannon that can spit out at least nine reasons not to steal your ride as loudly as possible with a fast reload, chances are, if you do get to run out after them, they wil already be on their way.

nothing says 'stop!' like gunfire.

Facts about theft:

1: cops don't give a rats ass. they don't get paid enough to really care about some guys toy being stolen, they dont think of bikes as seriously as they do cars.
                            2: if your bike is stolen, its most likely in parts before the day is over. Know your serial numbers and vins, etc. start shopping around for used parts in your area (check the less than glorious looking shops and start asking for big parts like your bike, like frames, engine block, etc. make up a story where you need it fast and cheap, etc. pretrend to be a punk. :P), you'd be suprized how EASY it is to track the guilty down when you do your own detective work.

3: it's 100% LEGAL in most states to follow the perps, if you have a coworker with a nearyby car that can loan you a spare set of keys to use 'in an emergency' you might want to keep them handy. Take a cellphone, dial the cops along the way, tell them you are in pursuit of criminals who stole your CAR. not your bike, your CAR. later, when they ask, tell them you were just frantic and mis-anunceated, you were paniced. (remember, they take car theft more seriously than bike?), mis-stating 'car' for 'bike' looks pretty minorwhen they catch the guys red handed anyways.

4: be ready to play action hero hardball. Yes, i mean that. Learn to drive agressively with one hand and an arm busy doing something else, either writing down numbers, using a cellphone or a camera. don't mind paying repairs on the car? hit the car you are chasing. give e'm a love tap or two, might just scare them into ditching, but don't try what the cops do and run them off the road, you get nailed for reckless endangerment.

If they loose their nerve and try to ditch or run off, DO NOT chase them. thats the cops work, you found your bike and it's right where you can see it. wait for the police to handle the rest. anything further than that and you can be tried for a miriad of vigilante-whatever fines and jail time. :P

Remember, nobodys gonna protect your ride but YOU. Cops dont get enough incentive from auto insurance companys to give a rats ass about bikes. not by a longshot.

Bike theives will go pretty far to snag a bike, you have to be ready to get in their face and go even further.

oh, and..uh, be careful about popping rubber caps in the company parking lot, you might get fired, unless your employer is /really/ cool.

Comment

I think your best bet is to try and find something to chain the bike to. I have a disk lock too, but I always use it in conjunction with something else, like chaining the bike up, or putting it behind a locked gate or something.

Locks are for honest people, you just want them theives to say "ah, this is too much work, let's go find another one."
                              -Steve

sigpic
                              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
                              X