X

drop the Kat last night

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drop the Kat last night

Drop the bike last night at a stop light. I was on the street and the light turns yellow i was a distance away and just decide not to run it. So i steped on the breaks and i guess i pull the rear breaks too hard and it was fish tailing.Tthe next thing the bike started to lean and i decied to let go. The bike was at a complete stop before i let go so the damage wasnt bad just light scuff on the farings. Good thing my lil bro and his gf was in his car behind me and helped me pick back up the bike, and i just rode it back home.

Yikes. Good to hear your not hurt.
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage, Mythbuster

Comment

Could have been worse. Bummer though.

Comment

Man, that sucks. Always embarrasing to put one down like that, but at least it was your brother behind you. Wait... maybe that is bad... he will probably give you crap for a while about it.

Glad you didn't get hurt, except your pride a little. The bike can get fixed, or you can leave it with a little "character".

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
        who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

i know how you feel i did the same thing about a year ago, except i did it at work and they still give me crap about it to this day. glad to here you were not hurt.

Comment

Something like that happend to me the first week I got my bike, I din't know how heavy the bike is. I was stoped in the front of my house and I shifted the weight to the left a little and down it went. thank God that I was in the grass and I holded allmost all the way down. (noting happened to it)

Comment

glad your alright, sorry about the bike

Walter Sobchak: You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once.

Comment

You're not the first person to have that happen too, you certainly won't be the last. How fast were you going when you locked up the rear wheel? If you have to lock up the rear wheel, you can usually ride it out if you stay calm, keep yourself relaxed and stay as upright as you can in the seat ( try not to lean when the rear end starts to move back and forth from the skid).

Did you use the front break at all, as that's where most of your stopping power comes from. Glad you made it out ok and with minimal damage to the Kat !

Comment

I was using my front breaks also but i guessed i used the rear more and it started to fish tail. My lil bro wont be give me any bs the funny thing was he drop the bike the same day and his incident was he was about to get off the bike and missed the step and he held on and put the bike down slowly. It was pretty scary when it happend it was so fast. Learning experiance

Comment

my fear is not dropping it...but not being able to pick it up from the middle of a lane!

glad that you are OK!
                    My Karma ate your Dogma

Comment

yea mines too. I wasnt afraid that it was drop but how to pick it back up.

Comment

remove your rear brake pedal!!!!!!!!!!! J/k But seriously I never ever use mine. But anyways ive had butt puckering moments trying to stop for a yellow light!!!
                        Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

That sucks. Have you attended the MSF course? They practice that exact drill over and over.
                          "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                          JOHN 16:33

Comment

Glad to hear you're ok. I felt like an ass when I tipped my bike the first time.

The day I went to pick up my bike it was raining a bit. Not an ideal situation and had the dealership not been in view of my house, I would have picked up the next day. It was my first time on a bike since I took the MSF course 6 months earlier. Not being used to the weight distribution of the bike I lifted quick and DOH! my foot slid on the wet pavement and over it went. I cradled it the whole way down but still had minor road rash on the exhaust and fairing. The salesman offered to put it in my garage for me so I did the smart thing and let him.

To top it all off everyone in the dealership could see and my friend was just pulling into the lot because he was going to look at a bike . Only my pride got hurt luckily. The only thing that mad me mad was the fact that I couldn't get back on and show the bike who was boss because it was raining =(. Pissed me off all night lol.

Its bound to happen to just about everyone I guess. Happy riding, be safe.

Comment

wow that suck to hear. Was it a brand new bike? well atleast your aite. I will be taking the MSF course in about 3 week i signed up but on the waiting list. I just have my permit.

Comment

Working...
                              X