Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Hey...here's another Solo Cowl thread!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey...here's another Solo Cowl thread!!!

Available Options:
    Quantity: Touch-up Pen ($15.95)
    Touch-up Jar ($20.95) (+1lbs)
    Aerosol ($32.95) (+1lbs)
    1/2 Pint ($72.95) (+1lbs)
    Pint ($107.95) (+1lbs)
    Quart ($165.95) (+2lbs)

Can I get by with the 2 cans of spray...base and top??

I was going to have a painter do it anyway, so I'm not worried about sucking with the spray can.
    Should I be concerned with the quality and get the 1/2 pint??
    Anyone rattle can theirs?

Also...how much of the can should I expect to have left...I was gonna do something to the rash I have on my fairing that you can see in the sig. below the "Katana" decal.

After the cowl's price...I don't wanna spend another $75x2 for paint, I guess I can deal w/ the $35x2 for the cans tho...

'89 Toyota Supra Targa N/A
    '90 Supra Turbo- mods in profile
    '96 Kat 750-mods in profile--SOLD!!
    '96 Honda CBR900rr -- I go outside and hump it at night.
    '02 Honda CBR954rr -- Red, 'cause it's faster!

The cans are fine, and yes 2 will be enugh most likely with a litle extra left over even. Don't use there rattle can clear coat though. GO with a duplicolor clear coat for that because it has the fan tip so you can get a nice even coat.
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

Yeah I'd heard about their clear...was going w/ some of my own.

WOAH 2 CANS?!?!
      My candy paint requires a base then top coat= 2 different cans.

So I'll need 2 bases AND 2 topcoats?!?!

'89 Toyota Supra Targa N/A
      '90 Supra Turbo- mods in profile
      '96 Kat 750-mods in profile--SOLD!!
      '96 Honda CBR900rr -- I go outside and hump it at night.
      '02 Honda CBR954rr -- Red, 'cause it's faster!

Comment

One can of each is more than enough to do a cowl (twice) but not enough to do a cowl and a fairing. Just an FYI, Suzuki clear is a royal beotch and does not like to blend with anything For the trouble you will have trying to fix the rash and blend it in your better off to just repaint the whole fairing. Color will match better (larger areas hide color changes better) and you won't have the nightmare of the clear.
        ...and yes, avoid the color-rite 150 clear (standard) unless you just like easy scratches and bugs leaving impact dimples in your paint. It takes it about 6 months to cure up hard and even then it's still pretty soft stuff. It's great for areas that don't see direct contact use like trim pieces. They have a harder clear that is gas resistant but it's more expensive than the $14 regular stuff and you need to get them on the phone to ask for it when your ordering.
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Anyone know if their touch-up bottles are laquer? IE: can they go in a spray gun? I'd rather spend $40 on two touch up bottles than buy a half pint for $75 since I'm only doing a cowl.

Comment

Good tips I will use when I paint mine.
            "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
            JOHN 16:33

Comment

Working...
            X