X

Later model Kat 750 exhaust on a 91 Kat 600

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Later model Kat 750 exhaust on a 91 Kat 600

I can get a 2006 600 Katana oil pan and oil pump pick up. From searching, I can bolt these straight onto my 91 Kat 600 so I can run the later model header so I can have more choices...as I really just want a slip on, and I like the idea of only one muffler.

Is it worth it to get the head pipes of this same 06 600 Katana? Or should I wait until I can find a 750 header?

I'm honestly not looking for a 'big' power increase...looking for dropping one muffler (weight and looks) and having more of a selection for a slip on........as I'm not super fond of the sound of the very few available exhausts out there for the pre 98.

Would rather not rejet if I can help it.

So would the later model Kat 600 head pipe w/ the matching oil pan and pickup, allow me to run any aftermarket 98 and up slip on exhaust?

And on that same vein, with stock airbox and filter, would this allow the bike to run good without rejetting?

Thanks.

Chris

If you don't want to rejet, keep the 600 header.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
    You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Well I've been listening to sound clips....and the scorpion sounds the best to me. Not annoying loud at idle / low RPM's (I commute and leave pretty early) and it's reasonable on price.

Looks like I can snag a low mile 06 600 oil pan, pickup, front master cylinder, and header pipes for under $100.

Add another $240 for the Scorpion......

Is installing the late model oil pan, pickup and straight unbolt / bolt on affair with no real "mods" needed?

Thanks

Chris

Fork spacers on the way...then rear brakes, then new front master cylinder, oil pan, pick up and exhaust.

Comment

yes, it's a straight froward R&R

Comment

Working...
        X