X

Manual wanted.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manual wanted.

As I mentioned in my intro post I am into annual winter time restorations and this year it is an 82 750 Kat. I am a big GS fan and did an 83 750 a few years back. Its my daily rider and a hell of a sturdy machine. I was looking for a GS1000 for this years project but the 750 was offered to me by a member on the GTA Motorcycle forum. Not exactly what I was looking for but close enough to the familiar GS that I figured I could pull it off.

Frame is powder coated, plastics are fair, a few parts are missing, it has a beat up but serviceable Yosh exhaust and I scored a spare engine. The installed engine was seized but I pulled the head and freed everything up. The plan was to get it running, tart it up and pass it on. Trouble is I've been reading the posts in this section and the plan might change....it may be a keeper and I might need to put more of an effort in to sorting it out.

While the bike is very close to the GS in parts and such there are some things I don't follow ( like the choke mechanism) and I would like to find a manual. Does anyone have a spare or one they want to get rid of or failing that could anyone copy a few things for me like the wiring diagram and details on the setup of the choke gizmo?

This is the roller as I got her a few weekends back:

I appreciate all the help and information offered.

Cheers all,
    Spyug

Nice! Every time I see one of these vintage Kats, I want one more and more. Good luck on the build fellow Ontarian!
    My current rides: (see my garage for a complete history of my bikes)

sigpic

Comment

manual

Saw a couple on ebay recently.
      The haynes is about what you'd expect, not great,better than nothing I guess.

I got a good reprint from an outfit in N. Zealand i think, they are also on ebay,really nice, high quality, not cheap but not outrageous. All my stuff is for 1100 tho so not gonna be a big help to you I think.

Comment

Congrads on getting the bike.

Comment

Originally posted by johnod View Post
          Saw a couple on ebay recently.
          The haynes is about what you'd expect, not great,better than nothing I guess.

I got a good reprint from an outfit in N. Zealand i think, they are also on ebay,really nice, high quality, not cheap but not outrageous. All my stuff is for 1100 tho so not gonna be a big help to you I think.

i know there's a bunch of links on here for free manual downloads, but none of them are active. i still cant find one for 06 kat 600. shouldnt be this hard, should it?
          previous rides
          06 kat 600, 04 Triumph ST Streetfighter, 07 Vstar 1100, 03 GSXR 750, 03 Hayabusa, 07 SV 1000 , 02 Bandit 1200s, Current ride - 07 Roadliner 1900,
          next ride - another kat

Comment

motorcycleanchor.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, motorcycleanchor.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Here's a link with the info that you need, it only goes back to 88 tough, but maybe you will find something that will help you, edromero, this link contains info on 06
            The supreme happiness of life is the conviction of being loved for yourself, or, more correctly, being loved in spite of yourself.
            http://myspace.com/solsticio
            www.facebook.com/solsticios

Comment

The 88-97 and 98+ manuals can be found in the wiki.

As far as a manual for an old GS.... I had a manual for the 1100EX but sold it with the bike.
              -Steve

sigpic
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
                The 88-97 and 98+ manuals can be found in the wiki.

As far as a manual for an old GS.... I had a manual for the 1100EX but sold it with the bike.
                Here's the link to the wiki information
                Last edited by garrisonls; 11-17-2009, 09:37 PM.
                sigpic
                A little throttle and ease out the clutch.

Comment

Manuals

The place in N. Zealand I mentioned in earlier post is.

www.e-classicbike.com

I don't know what they have, but the 80-82 GSX 1100 manual
                  and 81-84 Katana supplement are first rate. These are GOOD reprints of factory manuals. They also sell on ebay.

Nope i don't work for them,it's just a really nice product they have.

Comment

I've got a PDF manual for a '76 GS750 (with addendum for '78 GS750E I think). Don't know if it's the same through '82, but might be worth a look. I suspect it's the same as the manual on this page: http://www.carlsalter.com/motorcycle-manuals.asp

(scroll down the list to "Suzuki GS750")

Comment

link

Originally posted by garrisonls View Post
                      Here's the link to the wiki information
                      http://katriders.com/wiki/index.php5...Service_Manual

nope. linkie no workie

http://rtcdesign.com/gsx600f_manual/GSX600F.pdf
                      previous rides
                      06 kat 600, 04 Triumph ST Streetfighter, 07 Vstar 1100, 03 GSXR 750, 03 Hayabusa, 07 SV 1000 , 02 Bandit 1200s, Current ride - 07 Roadliner 1900,
                      next ride - another kat

Comment

Originally posted by paul.miner View Post
                        I've got a PDF manual for a '76 GS750 (with addendum for '78 GS750E I think). Don't know if it's the same through '82, but might be worth a look. I suspect it's the same as the manual on this page: http://www.carlsalter.com/motorcycle-manuals.asp

(scroll down the list to "Suzuki GS750")
                        Had trouble with that link, here's an alternate: Suzuki_GS750.pdf

Comment

Thanks for alll the input folks. I contacted the fella in NZ and he has a manual for US $32.00 which will be on its way to me today or would that be tomorrow?

It seems to be a factory manual so I think it will have all the info I'm after. I will keep my eyes peeled for any aftermarket manuals that might be around as I find you can't have too much info. Sometimes one manual has good written instruction s but lousy photos and often another one is the opposite.

I'll let you know what i think when it turns up.

Cheers,
                          spyug

Comment

2015 Thread refresh

Anyone have a link to view the manual online? GS1000S

Edit:Just found this one
                            Last edited by SPEIRMOOR; 06-23-2015, 08:16 PM.

Comment

I tried to attach files but my paperclip took a hike. No attachments.

Comment

Working...
                              X