X

1992 GSX600F Fuel System Diagram

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What wheels? From what bike and year? Pics would help
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

I couldn't tell you. I just closed up shop and came inside. I'll go out sometime tomorrow and let you know. The aftermarket rear wheel was on already, But the front isnt. Front is stock wheel with no fixins. Just the wheel with a bolt thru it. I did measure the base diameter and the katana is 4 inches if I remember right, this aftermarket was 5 inches wide.
      '92 GSX600F Bobber
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Yoyosten View Post
        I couldn't tell you. I just closed up shop and came inside. I'll go out sometime tomorrow and let you know. The aftermarket rear wheel was on already, But the front isnt. Front is stock wheel with no fixins. Just the wheel with a bolt thru it. I did measure the base diameter and the katana is 4 inches if I remember right, this aftermarket was 5 inches wide.
        I'd suggest...

Do yourself a huge favor, and take a LOT of pictures. Pic a side and section of the bike, take wider angle shots and then close ups. Then pic another location/section/side.

Post them all here...

Then... we can tell you up front about all the stupid the PO did to the bike you bought. I'm positive based upon the thread so far... there will be lots. And lots more your not aware to ask about is hiding atm.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

These are all the photos of my bike I took this morning. I have the breather and battery off at the moment as well as the seat and tail. Looks like the guy fabricated his own bracket for a Honda 1000 tail and seat. That's minor though.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Here is the aftermarket front wheel I was talking about.

UPDATE
          I tracked down that wheel set. No wonder the front wheel is too wide, it's aftermarket GSXR1000 wheels.

Last edited by Yoyosten; 12-02-2015, 01:29 PM.
          '92 GSX600F Bobber
          sigpic

Comment

How do you change thread titles. This isn't really about the fuel lines anymore lol.
            '92 GSX600F Bobber
            sigpic

Comment

You don't. If you want to discuss another topic, you start another thread.

Comment

So your plug wires are connected wrong. She's not gonna run like that.

I'm confused on the rear wheel thing... you have more than 1 rear wheel? The one mounted on the bike in the pictures is a 4.5" (most likely 98+ katana) rear wheel with a 5 slot cush drive (which is why I think it's most likely a katana wheel).

The D&D exhaust is going to be loud. Not cool loud, not good sound loud... it's gonna be megaphone distorted piss off everyone in a 1 mile radius look at me I'm a douche loud. Just FYI.

Other than that, I would suggest you do a full strip down and repaint on the frame and parts. Clean the engine, possibly replace the clutch cover (broken one can give flex causing clutch issues) and also check under that cover for other broken issues. A snapped chain probably caused that, so you wanna make sure it's properly cleaned up and fixed. k

Chain looks shot to me. I'd replace.

Rear Tire is obviously shot too... Time for new, probably both.

Forks need rebuilt. Probably should consider a full suspension redo... but at the least, new seals / oil is a must.

Krey
                Last edited by Kreylyn; 12-02-2015, 06:14 PM.
                93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I had it running fine the other morning. Idk how the order could be wrong and still run fine.

I'm going to order a new chain and sprockets. My plan will be to take the rear wheel off, clean it up, and sell the front and rear as a set and use that extra cash to buy replacement parts for the ones that are damaged/worn out. I can rebuild the clutch and get new covers. Once I have everything the way I want it, I'm taking the whole bike apart, cleaning it, giving it a new coat, and putting it back together.
                  Last edited by Yoyosten; 12-02-2015, 07:27 PM.
                  '92 GSX600F Bobber
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Yoyosten View Post
                    I had it running fine the other morning. Idk how the order could be wrong and still run fine.

I'm going to order a new chain and sprockets. My plan will be to take the rear wheel off, clean it up, and sell the front and rear as a set and use that extra cash to buy replacement parts for the ones that are damaged/worn out. I can rebuild the clutch and get new covers. Once I have everything the way I want it, I'm taking the whole bike apart, cleaning it, giving it a new coat, and putting it back together.
                    This image very clearly has the plug wires wrong...

It is possible for the bike to run on only 2 cylinders. That's pretty much what you would have going on with it hooked up like that.

Should be left coil 1 & 4, right coil 2 & 3.

Krey
                    93 750 Kat

Comment

I'll change them to the correct order in the morning then as well as the plugs. I'm telling you though, I fired that bike up and it idled fine. Slow steady idle, then I adjusted the idle screw and it was idling at 1 300 rpms just fine. That needle was steady. No misfires, no vibration. I'll take a closer picture when I get home tonight just to be sure. What order do they go into the case?
                      '92 GSX600F Bobber
                      sigpic

Comment

yeah....the wires are numbered for a reason...
                        See post 69
                        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                        spammer police
                        USAF veteran

Comment

So since you're only telling me which wires come off which coils and not the actual order they go into the engine I'm assuming the wires plug in left to right, 1 2 3 4. See on cars it's not that simple. I was thinking the cables were labeled in firing order, not in the order they plug into the engine. Say, on a V8 it's not that simple. I wish it was though. Sorry for my ignorance.
                          '92 GSX600F Bobber
                          sigpic

Comment

The wire is marked as to which cylinder it goes to. Cylinders are just like a 4 cylinder car engine. 1,2,3,4. Since normal rotation is left to right. Firing order doesn't really mater, no distributor, Firing order is actually 1,2,4,3 But, since the coils are batch firing ( wasted spark ) as long as you have a lead from the coil on the corresponding plug your good. Ford used a lot of batch firing ignitions through the years, 4-8 cylinders. COP ended that.
                            Left coil feeds 1 and 4 right coil feeds 2 and 3 notice I didn't state which wire on the coil feeds which plug specifically, 1) it doesn't matter. 2) the length will tell you which wire goes to which plug for that coil.
                            Last edited by 92xjunker; 12-02-2015, 11:56 PM.
                            spammer police
                            USAF veteran

Comment

So the left coil wires hook up to cylinders 1 and 4 in any order, and the right coil wires hook up to cylinders 2 and 3 in any order?
                              '92 GSX600F Bobber
                              sigpic

Comment

Yes
                                spammer police
                                USAF veteran

Comment

Working...
                                X