Finally

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally

Hi All,

Great Forum... I finally did it after 20+ years of thinking about it. Pick up a used 2001 750cc Kat in perfect condition. My rookie self laid it down in a parking lot after stopping parallel to a slight slope. The positive part to this lesson was that I was able to pick the bike up. With minor scratches I was mad at my self for being stupid to stop were I did. Well two weeks later I fell victim to target fixation in a decent turn. I was following my friend and he pointed out some gravel in the turn, I wasn’t going too fast into the turn but had to look at the pretty gravel he was pointing to and when I looked up to my right there were a big ditch. You know what happened after that. Luckily I and my Kat landed on some dirt and more scratches at least it was on the same side. Well this is my intro and I sure need more time on the bike. The Kat is still looking good and I hope to keep it that way for ever. Love it and can't wait to ride again!

Thanks for this Forum!

Welcome to KR, there are lots of great people here to help you learn just about anything you want in regards to you katana. Also lots of great people to ride with.

Thanks for joining us.

RIP - CyberPoet 20/09/2009

Comment

It happens. Just focus and concentrate all the time while riding. It is a constant effort. Don't think of anything but riding that bike when you are riding.
      "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
      JOHN 16:33

Comment

Welcome from Guelph Ontario

Comment

Weclome to the forum!!!

Black, hang in there. I'm a newbie myself, I put my bike down on the second day I had. I figured I would early on, that's specifically why I didn't buy a BRAND NEW one!! Old, or new, you sure hate to see em get scratched though . Again, welcome to the forum. Good luck with your riding. BE SAFE & KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN!!!
          This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
          BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders blackkat2001.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

In that case its my pleasure to welcome you to, 2 clubs
              welcome to katriders.
              welcome to the I scratched my bike all to hell club

hey it happens, just be careful see yea around.
              In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth.
              www.myspace.com/adamerogers

Comment

welcome were you from? have you taken a safety course yet?

Comment

Thanks Everyone... Yes I've taken the safety course and I'm in the Boston area. I figured that I'll need more time on the bike before doing any group riding. With 3 kids I plan to be around for a long time. BTW do you use first gear, I found that starting in 2nd is better for me. Maybe I'm just new to riding.

Comment

welcome, and yes first gear is there for a reason. but whatever works for you

Walter Sobchak: You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once.

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders!! Least you wasnt hurt the second time!!!Glad u was ok!
                      Four wheels move the body, Two wheels move the soul!!!
                      Drop a knee,drop a gear, just don't drop the bike!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X