X

Finally done!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally done!!!

after what I thought would only be a 3-4 week job (started of really good), 4 months later the '83 gs550ef is finally complete.

and even if I can be a dick at times, it doesn't mean I am not a nice guy. so this week I will get it inspected, then I am giving it to my ex as her first bike.
    well...can't really say "give", because she put quite a bit of time (and a few bucks) into it herself. But I am not the type to say "fuck you" and quit the the deal just because I quit her. I hope to have it on the road on Saturday so I can have her take it out riding to makes sure all the bugs are out of it and make sure she isn't going to have any problems.
    I am anxious to get some wax on it and out into the sun. It needs some graphics, but that will be her choice...aka: problem.

One thing for sure....I am thrilled that it is done so I can start working on my own stuff finally. :P

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

oh ya...this is what it looked like before. it might look clean in this pic, but it wasn't. grease, rust and dirt up the ying-yang.

[img][/img]

Comment

Niceeeeeeeeeee

And by the way where's the ying yang on a bike ???
      Guylaine
      Try and keep up now

Comment

Originally posted by _Sky_
        Niceeeeeeeeeee

And by the way where's the ying yang on a bike ???
        thanks.....

and the ying yang is the whole space between the rear tire and the front tire. it's primary function is to suck money from your wallet.

Comment

That thing looks great. awesome starter bike. Didn't forget the brake lines did ya?

Comment

Originally posted by 01blewkat
            That thing looks great. awesome starter bike. Didn't forget the brake lines did ya?
            brake lines? umm....ya...they're there. I swear they are there. sshhhh

Comment

Nice work man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              'Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose and sometimes it rains" !

Comment

BTW, I am waaaay jealous of your shop. It looks cavernous.

Comment

and believe it or not, after like 25 years of riding, this was the first time I ever changed grips on a bike. picked up some pro-grips at the dealers. I have heard of some people having difficulty installing grips....such as glue not sticking and stuff like that. these said no glue. just dunk them into hot soapy water, then let them dry for 24 hours. worked great....they are just fine. time will tell if they keep on holding.
                  like I said....never changed my grips. 220k kms on my 92 1100....same grips as the day it was new.

[img][/img]

Comment

Nice job,the effort was well worth it Looks good.
                    Ok, no more mister nice guy, i've met the guy in the street, and he's a wanker.

Comment

Originally posted by 01blewkat
                      BTW, I am waaaay jealous of your shop. It looks cavernous.
                      if you want an idea how big it is. 20x60...1200sq ft.
                      cheap too....well...considering.
                      but there is alot more junk in it now...so it isn't as cavernous as it once was.

I would be sleeping there if I didn't already have a lease here...lol.

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

Comment

there is only 2 things that don't work on the bike. the 3rd and 6th gear indicator light on the guage cluster. I thought it might be the thing-a-ma-jigger on the engine (not sure what you call it), but I changed it for another....same 2 lights still don't work. even changed the bulbs and still don't work. followed the wiring and that all looks good. but hey.....she isn't stupid, so she should be able to figure out that if it isn't lit up, she is in either 3rd or 6th. and it should be too hard to tell which one of those two she is in...so I am not going to sweat it.
                        it bugs me though. It would be like new if it wasn't for that.

Comment

I won't comment about the car, I won't comment about the car I won't comment about the car, I won't.....

great restoration job on the GS
                          Live and Lean.
                          When the going gets twisty, the going get twistin.
                          "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
                          Romans 3:23

Comment

Nice bike.
                            This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
                            BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

Originally posted by TheKlic
                              I won't comment about the car, I won't comment about the car I won't comment about the car, I won't.....

great restoration job on the GS
                              hehe...go ahead, comment all you like.

seriously, I have had that 93 Volvo for 8 years and it has 180k miles on it. In 8 years, I only had to change the fuel pump 3 years ago. This year I changed the brakes and some steering components. new paint will go on it soon and then trade in for something different. I can't decide if I want a mustang, dodge charger, or a bmw z3....used of course cuz I need to buy a truck as well.

so ya....laugh if you wish....it looks like a POS right now....but it has been one of the most dependable cars I have ever own. Volvo has their shit together.

Comment

Working...
                              X