X

speeding up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speeding up

I have 02 Kat600. Anybody know a way of giving it more power without major work or switching engines haha.

Originally posted by uncltommy77 View Post
    I have 02 Kat600. Anybody know a way of giving it more power without major work or switching engines haha.
    Nope.

Comment

Sorry.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Switch bikes maybe?

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Trade it for a Kat from the 80's.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedison View Post
            Trade it for a Kat from the 80's.
            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            Originally posted by soulless kaos
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

The most power on a motorcycle is between your ears....I've seen people on 250's doing some amazing things.....

Comment

Amazing as they may be, still limited by a 250cc engine lol. But as others have said, for the time and money you would put into her to get more power you would be better off getting an actual ss. Pretty cheap now days, looking at an 04 gix six 10k miles all white with yoshi exhaust for 3499.

Comment

It won't give you more power, faster acceleration etc etc, but for a cheap upgrade go to a track school.

Up here we have stuff like this

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8tnwSWK-nA"]FAST Riding School - YouTube[/ame]

These guys were around for a few seasons but sadly went under.
                  [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJKS9amVgOs&feature=related"]Overview of Turn 2 Sportbike School's courses with George Budacki - YouTube[/ame]
                  [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFdKj8EBP0M"]A day at the Turn 2 Sportbike School! - YouTube[/ame]

But they were raved about by those that took their courses.

You can change sprockets for more low end get up and go but it'll lower your topspeed, swap in a bigger engine for more power. Or take some rider training courses that will improve your skills and those skills will move with you as you go from bike to bike over the years.

There;s got to be something in your area like these that you could take.
                  Kyle

Comment

Remove rider, replace bike...
                    http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
                    http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
                    '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
                    "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
                    "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

Originally posted by indianboy7 View Post
                      The most power on a motorcycle is between your ears....I've seen people on 250's doing some amazing things.....
                      Yeah, but they won't give you the feeling that wacking open the throttle on a 1100cc bike, while entering the freeway will give.
                      Power is power, handling is handling, no substitute for power.
                      Well, maybe- replace the exhaust with 4-1 (saves weight) and uh, if you 30lbs overweight, lose 30lbs (free mod!) now you might have 40lbs less on the bike, acceleratiopn goes up!
                      Don't laugh it off as I used to see what looked like a 300lb+ rider around town on a zx11, that's almost like riding with a passenger.

Comment

Originally posted by DClark View Post
                        Yeah, but they won't give you the feeling that wacking open the throttle on a 1100cc bike, while entering the freeway will give.
                        You should try a RR bike
                        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                        Originally posted by soulless kaos
                        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

try a turbo bike once.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                            You should try a RR bike
                            If you "whack" the throttle open on a super sport you will learn how to wheelie REAL fast.
                            I know one way to speed up without much work. Find a big hill on and a tail wind.
                            Last edited by arsenic; 03-18-2012, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                              You should try a RR bike
                              I live at 4700' and last year, took my C14 (only had it for a month at the time) down to sea level and when i wacked it open, I was shocked to see the front end come off maybe a foot off the ground while doing 55mph+
                              That's another suggestion for the op- if you live at or above the 5,000' mark, move down to sea level, you'll pick up instant hp!

Comment

Working...
                              X