Air Intake Mods?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Intake Mods?

Hi,

I have a 2006 Katana 600 and ive got your basic mods on it. Yoshi pipe, and a sick paint job (Orange and Black). Thats it haha. What im looking to do this summer is jet it, and maybe an upgrade to the air intake.

My question to all of you Katana geniuses is...What can I do to improve my bikes air intake? Or is the stock air intake on a Katana perfectly fine the way it is? Bikes are fun and I know how to do the basic mechanics on them, but computers are my thing so please help a nerd out.

Leave it alone. The stock airbox and filter are designed to give the CV carbs the correct vaccuum they need to work properly through all rpm ranges. Don't even put a K&N in it, trust me.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
    You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Originally posted by teddy View Post
      Leave it alone. The stock airbox and filter are designed to give the CV carbs the correct vaccuum they need to work properly through all rpm ranges. Don't even put a K&N in it, trust me.
      THIS! Best mod you can do, ever, is a Factory Pro Stage 1 jet kit. And maybe a Corbin seat for your tuckus.

Comment

Cool thanks for the quick response.

Next question: What can I do to my bike to give me a little better handling? Don't get me wrong its a nice ride, but id like it to handle a little nicer at high speeds and in the corners. Yes, nerds ride hard too!

Comment

You need to send Tmod some parts, money and information and he'll send you everything you need to completely transform the ride and handling. The more parts, money and info, the better the result

But in all seriousness, Kats have a suspension deficiency, Tmod can educate you on the best options for your budget.
          Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

Well after a little research I found out that just throwing on a nice set of tires and doing some manual adjustments to the suspension settings will show a nice improvement. The catch is finding the perfect setting, and I guess that will have to be done by much testing and retesting the bike after changing the settings.

If anyone out there is close in size to me that has what they think is a pretty good tire/suspension setup please share. 5'10 215lbs.

I realize everyone has a different ride style, but maybe this could help me get a good start on my setup.

Comment

Adjusting what suspension setting? You mean the rebound? Let me help you out, that knob has three setting. Nothing, nothing + 1 and nothing x's 3. To adjust Katana forks you need a set of Racetech springs for your weight and you need to mess with the spacer that provides pre load. The Katana suspension doesn't offer much in the way of adjust ability.

Comment

Well then...I think its time to drop some cash on this bike of mine then

Ill make sure to tell my wife that it was all the guys on Katriders.com fault and that you guys said I had to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by KingKopro View Post
                  Well then...I think its time to drop some cash on this bike of mine then

Ill make sure to tell my wife that it was all the guys on Katriders.com fault and that you guys said I had to do it.
                  And girls...

I never knew the difference in handling a good suspension would make until I decided to go ahead and lower my Kat and Kreylyn talked me into having Tmod do the adjustments at the same time. It's night and day.

IMO, the best mod you can do is FP stage one jet kit, followed very closely by having the suspension redone/upgraded.
                  Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
                    THIS! Best mod you can do, ever, is a Factory Pro Stage 1 jet kit. And maybe a Corbin seat for your tuckus.
                    +1 on the Corbin seat I just got one and it's great. I'm gonna re-jet my bike before going the Dragon... From what I've read Ivan makes the best stage 1 jet kit for the Kat.

Arsenic, what are your thoughts for rejetting; Ivan's or Factory Pro???
                    Last edited by astevens54; 03-16-2012, 01:44 PM.
                    2014 Ducati Monster 1200
                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/austin-stevens/

Comment

Factory Pro, by a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                        Factory Pro, by a lot.
                        Thanks, you da man and I will take your advise. Factory Pro it is...
                        2014 Ducati Monster 1200
                        http://www.flickr.com/photos/austin-stevens/

Comment

Comment

Working...
                          X