so slow

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so slow

katana's r slow

They sure are, that is why we spend outrageous amounts of money trying to make them go faster when we could have just bought something else. I love my Kat so i do not mind the money. It goes fast enough now.
    sigpic
    V/r,
    Katabaturbo600

Comment

Slow is such a relative term. Most Kats are easily faster than what would have been considered insanely fast until around 85/86, and still not really that slow in normal everyday street riding situations.They're still quicker than most cars. lol Heck stock Busa or ZX-14 owners could probably say my 05 GSX-R750 is slow, them modified Busa and ZX-14 owners can say the stockers are slow etc,etc. Who cares as long as the owners are out riding and having fun.
      John,
      '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
      sigpic

Comment

All those wimpy little 600/750cc bikes give the katana a bad name, the Katana 1100 was not slow back then, it is not slow now.

Comment

You forgot

Heavy
          Ugly
          Fugly
          "Can't corner" or "won't hold a line" (I laugh openly at these when I read/hear them)

and my personal all time favorite courtesy of a gtam poster a few years back.
          It was something along the lines of...

"I could feel the bike shifting back and forth after coming to a stop because of all the gas in the tank sloshing around"

I still miss my Kat once and a while, she was an awesome bike.
          Kyle

Comment

Originally posted by DClark View Post
            All those wimpy little 600/750cc bikes give the katana a bad name, the Katana 1100 was not slow back then, it is not slow now.
            The 1100 is slower in the 1/4 mile than a decent rider on a modern 600, so yeah its pretty slow.

OP is a troll...you guys don't see that huh?
            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            Originally posted by soulless kaos
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Yeah we do, but the board is slow tonight anyways.
              John,
              '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rob22602 View Post
                katana's r slow
                comes from a guy on a 50cc scooter

Comment

I think the OP just needs to learn how to ride. I've passed up SS bikes on my Kat...so it's not slow.

Comment

Considering I may have gone a little over 130 at one time or another to test what the katana can do, not sure why it would be called "slow"... Since the speed limit even on the interstate is 70-75 mph, not sure why I would really want anything faster..

Comment

Compared to a busa or zx14 the katana might be slow, but who really needs to go as fast as those bikes are capable of unless their racing. That's just a quick way to end up as a red stain. I am plenty content with my 750

Comment

I think I've got it figured out. Between the dirty carbs, worn out muffler bearings, and collapsed piston return springs, OP needs to sell his Kat and get a Ruckus.

Comment

i noticed you just posted on this not to long ago and was wondering if you could help me. i just bought my first bike its a katana 92 600cc i got it with the gas tank off anf carbs supposedly were cleaned, i have no idea what lines go where from the gas tank to the carbs and where ever else they go. Could anyone post a picture or a link? that would help alot! Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
                            I think I've got it figured out. Between the dirty carbs, worn out muffler bearings, and collapsed piston return springs, OP needs to sell his Kat and get a Ruckus.
                            LOL... I know someone at my office who upgraded from a Ruckus to a CBR250.... Still trying to teach them to park next to my bike and not take up an entire additional spot.
                            Granted a ruckus is liquid cooled!!!!!

Holy crap... they retail for 2500 new?!?!?!?

Originally posted by bfredrichs View Post
                            i noticed you just posted on this not to long ago and was wondering if you could help me. i just bought my first bike its a katana 92 600cc i got it with the gas tank off anf carbs supposedly were cleaned, i have no idea what lines go where from the gas tank to the carbs and where ever else they go. Could anyone post a picture or a link? that would help alot! Thanks

Last edited by numus; 03-14-2012, 12:06 AM.

Comment

ok, now the 2 hoses that run to the carbs i know where they go now but i have a signifcantly bigger hose that is coming from what looks like the top of the engine is that for air intake?? i've never worked on a bike before :/

now im confused because there is a big hose connected to the gas tank. should there be a big hose on the gas tank?
                              Last edited by bfredrichs; 03-14-2012, 12:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                              X