• Show
Clear All

-Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by expvet View Post
      If you want to see a battery comparison with some insane killer tests check out this link
      http://boulevardowners.com/cafe/inde...topicID=157926
      They really run these batteries though a gauntlet of some over the top tests. The eventual winner is a Motobatt. I picked one up for my 750 Kat and it is rock solid. Last season, bike was in storage for 3 months without a charging, choke cable was siezed and I had to start it without choke. Battery delivered the almost 20 cranks it took to finally get it started.

Head to head with the top shelf Odysee was what I focused on. But regardless, the sheer durability and recovery of the Motobatt under extreme drainage was what made me try one. They took those batteries to where few batteries go. I've been riding since 1985 (26 years) and have tried many different quality types (Yuasa, Diehard ect.) and have found the Motobatt to be the best. Price is comparable but performance is extrodinary. Right now my bike has been sitting since Oct. 25 untouched as I recover from an accident on it. Saturday Dec. 3rd I went to see if it could start and did so after 8 long cranking cycles (carbs were probably flooded from the bike being on it's side for about 10 minutes). What more can I say, it is a great battery.

Comment

I picked up the motobatt as well...

the 2 year warranty was what made the sale for me...

local places were 30 days and 1 year... 2 years with Motobatt

Put it in the Kat and she fired up after sitting for a month and a half...

giggitty giggitty!

Comment

I'll stick to my Yuasa, 9 years of untendered storage and it's just now starting to show some signs of age...

I bought a crappy walmart battery when I had my Katana, but it was a cheap bike lasted one season.
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I have an Adventure Power UXT9-BS. Bought it with the bike seems to work well its a no maintenance one.

Comment

Yuasa YTX9BS.
              98 GSX750F
              95 Honda VT600 vlx
              08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
                I was intrigued by this battery after I checked out the Shorai site. I then did further research on the Lithium-Iron Phosphate battery. I think I may just go this route when its time to replace the battery on the Busa. Thanks for posting the link.
                sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
                1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
                2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
                First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
                Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

I just go to my local lawnmower company and buy one from them every 2 years. The battery cost $30 and they fill and charge it for me.

Comment

I used to buy yuasa batteries but after 2 years they seemed unreliable . Now I just buy the cheapo walmart ones and usually I get 2 years out them . I don't even try for the 3rd year , for the price I like knowing that I still have a good reliable battery .
                    95 Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by benz302 View Post
                      I used to buy yuasa batteries but after 2 years they seemed unreliable . Now I just buy the cheapo walmart ones and usually I get 2 years out them . I don't even try for the 3rd year , for the price I like knowing that I still have a good reliable battery .
                      Invest in a battery tender.

I get 5+ out of my batteries.
                      Im getting a new one for the Kat this spring because I need a new one for the dirtbike. Ill put my old one in the dirtbike . I got the current one in Jan 07.

Anytime the bike is parked for a week or more I plug in the battery tender.
                      98 GSX750F
                      95 Honda VT600 vlx
                      08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Originally posted by benz302 View Post
                        That is horrible reasoning...my 2003 bike will need a new battery next season.

8 year battery for ~$100

Or buying 4 2yr cheapo batteries ~$120

So you're losing money, AND have an inferior battery.

This is also WITHOUT tending it, it's only dying this year because I barely rode.
                        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                        Originally posted by soulless kaos
                        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

There isn't a lead/acid battery made that isn't on borrowed time after 4 years . The prorated warranty may be longer but that doesn't console me one bit when I have to get my bike jump started by someone else because I tried to get an extra year out of a more expensive battery . A few year old battery may seem like it's fine all season until that first cold morning when I over/under choke it and it has to spin an extra few revolutions to start and ends up dieing right off , thats when there age always shows .
                          Honestly the price of the battery means absolutely nothing to me personally , when it comes to my Kat I only buy what I feel is the best . When I bought yuasa batteries I always ended up jump starting it after a few years , I have never had it fail to start since I started buying cheapo batteries and replacing them every 2 years .
                          95 Katana 600

Comment

I have an autocraft battery that sat flat for about 5 years, for poops and giggles threw some distilled water in it and put it on charge, it took and kept the charge. Seems to work. $65 in my pocket

A buddy of mine has one of those $300 gel batteries and it still works good after 7-8 years of being in his road king. Not sure of the brand, but ill ask. $300 seems a bit much for a battery imo( thats about half of what i paid for my bike)
                            Last edited by gsx; 01-30-2012, 06:14 PM.

Comment

I got the next size up agm battery from walmart. I had to modify the box and stuff it in but it has great starting ability.
                              Katie - 91 Kat 600, 98 Bandit 600 engine, Ivan Jet Kit, Ignition Advancer, Gsxr 750 header, Delkevic slip on, Veypor computer.

Comment

A cheap battery seems like a good deal until the night you come and the bike won't turn.

Comment

Working...
                                X