Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What suspension settings do you use?

I'm just curious, I am currently using what's recommended
    in the manual

suspension settings is all subjective to the bike you have, the suspension you have, and the rider weight..

I'm 6'4" tall and about 210lbs, and have a 2001 750 with suspension upgrades:
    revalved rear "factory" shock by Tmod (post 1998 750s have threaded preload adjusters)
    .95Kg/mm racetech fork springs
    Tmods front preload adjusters

I currently have the front and rear setup at 33mm sag

front rebound damping is at the 2nd click and fixed(adjust both forks equally)

rear rebound is on 2

rear compression reservoir adjuster is about 1 full turn out

Now, what does all this mean to you? Not a whole lot, unless you have the same bike with the same rider size and equipment.

if you have a stock forks and a non threaded adjuster rear shock, you dont have much adjustment.

"setting the sag" or where your bikes suspension is set with YOU on it is vitally important to proper handling, and differs for track or street use.

25mm tighter suspension sag is track, 35mm is street, so you dont rattle your bones out riding on the street...adjusting the preload on the springs is how you change your sag.

you can adjust the rear shock to "close" sag with the preset adjuster
    you'd have to change the spacer length in the front forks to adjust your preload there
    you can adjust the REBOUND dampening in the front forks using the top adjuster, on pre98 its 1-3 clicks left to right, on posts its 1-4 left to right... right is slower rebound fro a lighter rider, left is faster for a heavier.

so, pretty much, like I said, its subjective.. you need to tell us what bike, and what year to know what to do with what you have.

(EDIT: Since yer talkin 1100s... I dont know ) didn't realize this was in the 1100 section.
    Last edited by JayBell; 03-10-2010, 01:48 AM.

See My Garage for mods...
    T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
    Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

Working...
    X